What the Frikkity-Frick?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: What the Frikkity-Frick?
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #0
So I sort of drift away from the message boards for about...oh, 2 weeks, and upon re-entry, my eyes are met by a scene of incredible chaos and confusion. It looks like about 3092783 topics have been created in the last few days, 1/3 of which are polls, 1/2 of which have been locked already, and to boot, it looks like there are a whole bunch of new members (and even not so new members) getting canned and even one or two oldbies leaving. Am I overreacting or are things really as hectic as they seem? And if so, what the hey's going on here?

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #1
i woulden't know but this should probally be locked and put in is spiderweb software dieing?

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
Ash was banned and tempers ran high. That led to another banning that really can be blamed on the proverbial straw. Then a third member decided that peer pressure demanded that he, too, seek banning.

The Cannings are unremarkable except for the timing. I think enough people have enough to say about these tumultous times that others saw the volume and missed the contents.

—Alorael, who agrees that Spiderweb is a bit frantic right now. It may even be worse than the General mod elections, but it's nothing compared to Misc. mod elections at its worst or other great conspiracies of yore.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #3
I'm just grateful that I'm not involved in any of it.
I've never known Spiderweb like this, either.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by arghhhhhhhhh:

i woulden't know but this should probally be locked and put in is spiderweb software dieing?
No, it shouldn't. It's perfectly legit, so don't suggesting that things be moved or locked just to get your post count up.

And Spiderweb Software itself will only die if Jeff runs out of money. The forums, well... they've seen better days, but (hopefully) they'll be fine. Granted, it's been theorized that if the forums go, Jeff will lose his fanbase, and thus his cash flow.

But for the moment, as long as we're still here...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #5
Yes it seems people can't hold back their stupidity. Ash was what banned for a week, and everybody feels they must die in his name. Wow. Oh and on the forums matter. I doubt they have any effect on game sales.IMO.

[ Monday, March 06, 2006 20:42: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

Oh and on the forums matter. I doubt they have any effect on game sales.IMO.
But you'd still care if they went down, I hope.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #7
Obviously signs of a coming revolution. Prepare, my comrades, as we overthrow our oppressors! Our enemy is not the stubborn mule or the broken plough! It lies in the grey office-block suburbia of the city! Arise, for freedom! :P
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #8
By VCH:
quote:
Ash was what banned for a week, and everybody feels they must die in his name.
Literally.

Does anyone know when Ash is coming back? I think TM's returning March 16 (or 26... or something like that).

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
I will not interrogate my enemies in the inner sanctum -- a small hotel well outside my borders will work just as well.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

... Oh and on the forums matter. I doubt they have any effect on game sales.IMO.
And why, you silly dormouse, would Jeff ban somebody who advertised not to buy A4? Because he thinks that the forums have no effect on the game sales?

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?