If you could, when would you...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: If you could, when would you...
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by Jame2:

I voted 1990s. I'd rather go forward in time first, get a bunch of personal improvements (get the cure for asthma, better reflexes, some mental work like improving my sanity, focus and learning ability, learn a bunch of languages and such), and then (1) go waaaaaaaaaay back and try out being a god, then (2) go forward from there to the Roman Republic about 500 BC, then the same area about 100 BC, then the Empire during the rule of Claudius and meet the man, then (3) go to the 1500s, then (4) go to the U.S. Civil War, each of the World Wars and Russia during the Cold War. Then I'd come back here and make myself rich and not famous.
Now why in the world would you want to be sane? :confused:

I would want to go to the Middle Ages and be a knight. It's more exciting than it is to sit around and watch people in power mess with your life. I know they messed with people's lves in the Middle Ages too, but at least I would have more opportunities to stab people. :D

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Warrior
Member # 5389
Profile #26
Okay, not sane as such, but more stable about my insanity. Plus better able to handle people in person.

And I'd go back to the Middle Ages too, and different areas during the period (various European areas, the Middle East, various Asian and African areas, plus the Americas). In all places I'd use a very subtle method of filming what I see, bring it back and make a fortune off it. Even if people think the movies are fictional...

EDIT: I'd also go back and meet Mark Twain.

[ Sunday, November 20, 2005 15:37: Message edited by: Jame2 ]

--------------------
Reports of my demise are extremely accurate. And I AM the clone
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Pretty sure he meant Bush's mother, not yours.
Ah, right. Might be tough though, because she was probably Christian.

--------------------
-ben4808
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by ben ben:

quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Pretty sure he meant Bush's mother, not yours.
Ah, right. Might be tough though, because she was probably Christian.

That only makes everything simpler. Aran can just don a pair of sunglasses and a leather jacket, play up the accent a bit, and kill everyone in the phone book with her name.

And then go back forward in time and become the Republican Governer of California.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #29
Hmmm, never though about it that way. That is pretty simple. :rolleyes:

--------------------
-ben4808
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by The Society of Association:

[QUOTE]Trying to find gold in the middle of a gold rush has some problems, notably the other people also trying to find gold. It might be a better idea to go back to, say, 1845 and look for gold then. At that point you have the advantage of knowing about the gold before everyone else.

Oh, it was 1845? I must of got my dates mixed up. Wasn't 1851 the first confirmed gold find?

Many thanks for pointing that out to me, though.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

Oh, it was 1845? I must of got my dates mixed up. Wasn't 1851 the first confirmed gold find?
Um, you do realise that the gold was already there before people started finding it, right? The point is to go there and find it before other people do. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #32
The first gold was found at Sutter's Mill in January of 1848. You really should know that it was found before 1851, though, since the gold diggers were called forty-niners. You know, as in '49, which omits the leading 18?

I was suggesting showing up and beating the rush, so to speak. Har har.

—Alorael, who thinks it wouldn't be too difficult to get Bush aborted. Just Photoshop up some proof that he became a communist. The timing would be pretty good, and of course everyone knows that a time traveller bringing news of apocalyptic Red America must be trusted.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by Eimp:

—Alorael, who thinks it wouldn't be too difficult to get Bush aborted. Just Photoshop up some proof that he became a communist. The timing would be pretty good, and of course everyone knows that a time traveller bringing news of apocalyptic Red America must be trusted.
The means are so evil they almost justify the ends all by themselves.

Delicious irony. :P

[ Tuesday, November 22, 2005 07:15: Message edited by: NaNoWriMo ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #34
quote:
Originally written by Imban:

While the language barrier is an obvious problem with this, I'd go back waaaaaaaaay far in time and try to meet Jesus in person. It'd be interesting, if nothing else.
Maybe you were responsible for killing him. :P

Yeah, evidently Jesus is something science needs, badly, to uncover time travel. After all, common physics shows that Jesus is the center of the universe:

IMAGE(http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6420/jesustime7vm.png)

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.

Pages