Avernum IRC, anyone?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum IRC, anyone?
Apprentice
Member # 5631
Profile #0
I've been thinking about creating an unofficial IRC room for Avernum and Exile.. Anyone like the idea?

Okay, I've got one up at irc.heavenlyplace.net/#Avernum.

[ Wednesday, November 02, 2005 11:39: Message edited by: Arcane Cossack ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
I'll give it a shot.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
Apprentice
Member # 5631
Profile #2
It also extends to Geneforge and the other games, I guess. <_<
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
#exilechat will never be forgotten!

—Alorael, who still would rather be here than on IRC. On IRC people can get annoyed with you for not paying attention for an hour or two.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Lrl:

So I wasn't just making that up... I could have sworn there was an #exilechat but I couldn't recall it specifically.

IRC isn't for me.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #5
On IRC you have the awesome "/me" command. It totally beats the asterisks for actions.

*gives an example of how the asterisks suck.*

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #6
<belisarius> Well, I dunno.
<belisarius> I guess you could think of /me commands as awesome if you didn't have to deal with your name before everything you said.
<belisarius> I mean, look at it.
* belisarius is finally free of the angle brackets
<belisarius> Seems downright civilized after all that, dunnit?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
It would be awesome if, for /me, you could substitute a random username, and then go on to say:

/random_idiot is a moron!

Now that would a worthwhile feature, would it not?

Also, I'll come back later today - say, 12 hours.

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
Apprentice
Member # 5631
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Lrl:

—Alorael, who still would rather be here than on IRC. On IRC people can get annoyed with you for not paying attention for an hour or two.

People won't get annoyed with you in #avernum for not paying attention. I'd rather have someone there and idling then not there at all.
Apprentice
Member # 5631
Profile #9
... Anyone else got IRC?

If you don't, you can use the CGI/Java chat on http://www.heavenlyplace.net . It's nowhere near as good as mIRC.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
I use Trillian, which is pretty convenient as most of the people I know are the fanatic followers of a certain messenger and will never use anything else.

Also, your irc server appears to be unavailable - no connection with any IRC client. The CGI interface works, but I can't join the Avernum channel with it.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5631
Profile #11
It's not MY IRC server. c.c
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #12
Yeah, okay. I meant the IRC server that hosts the channel whose link was posted on these boards by an account probably owned by you. :P

Still, you seemed to know one of the admins (Doc?) somewhat, so I wondered if you've heard anything.

--------------------