GWBASIC, wee!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GWBASIC, wee!
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #0
6 years ago, I started a small freeware game company known as Tarana Software. My first game was a text game in GWBASIC. However, I was very limited to what I could do due to the gruesome face that I had no manual...

Now, 6 years later, a random googling gave me this:
http://www.geocities.com/KindlyRat/GWBASIC.html

If you had an IBM or Amstrad from the good old 80's, you will recognise this. :)

I am off to make a "cave adventure"-RPG with for once, line input; no more "10 if a$=inkey$ then goto (x) else goto 10"! :cool:

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #1
Wow, I was going to go look for GWBasic, but you saved me at least 5 minutes of searching.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
I thought this was going to be a presidential speech maker or something. -_-

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #3
http://mio.discoremoto.virgilio.it/okgames

370 GWBASIC classics! Dang, this is retro!

Getting the list of games may take a while, do not ask me why. The titles are placed in alphabetic order. The name of the file is "370 GWBASIC games archive". It is in .ZIP-format and on 1192KB. The download site is a little slow so it may take a while to get the stuff down on the disk. Once you are done, unzip the file and place all the games in the folder where you have GWBASIC, use OPEN WITH and find the GWBASIC application and select it. Then open it again and the selected game will be automatically ran by GWBASIC. Some games does not have an exit function and therefore you will have to press the WINDOWS icon to return to WINDOWS and manually force the game off.

Enjoy the retro. I sure will! :)

EDIT: By the way, you can find a lot of other old classics such as Castle Adventure, Wolfenstein 3D, etcera, on the same site.

EDIT II: I do not have a clue why, but the games I downloaded were all password protected. WHAT'S THE POINT OF UPLOADING AND ADVERTISE GAMES WHEN THEY CAN NOT BE ACCESSED?!

EDIT III: OK, the password of the games are:
www.okgames.tk

The reason why the games were password protected were because copying these games are in US law illegal. The games are all abandonware, download on your responsibility. Abandonware are games that are no longer supported and at least four years old. The copyright, however, is still applied. I doubt, however, that someone will check your computer up and fine you for having old games from the 80's or 90's.

[ Monday, October 31, 2005 04:15: Message edited by: Exiled Eagle, Friendly Spider eater ]

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Ima ni TM wo Bakuretsu ****e:

I thought this was going to be a presidential speech maker or something. -_-
George W. Basic. :P I thought the same.

[ Monday, October 31, 2005 04:40: Message edited by: NaNoWriMo ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #5
Wow, it seems only Eagle and I have heard of GWBasic before. Personally, I prefer QBasic for the actual coding part, and then I use GWBasic to compile the program.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.