Ok, help me start out...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Ok, help me start out...
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #25
If you are used to playing even remotely modern games, then Exile will be far too painful to play. The gameplay of Avernum I think is much better too.

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #26
The main advantage of Exile is that it's simpler and easier to get the hang of. If you don't really want to buy those games, I'd suggest downloading a demo or two and get the handle of how the engine works. Avernums is very similar, only with a few changes, but it'll be easier to get the hang of after playing Exile.

The BoE editor is easier (I think) to learn, and BoE currently has vastly more scenarios than BoA, making it more worth the money. But BoA is still coming along and is destined to spit out new scenarios now probably faster than BoE.

If you're going to get the whole set, you mays well start at E/A1. :P However, it's not really essential. I started out with E3 and had no trouble understanding the plot of anything, but whatever you want.

Geneforge seem to be after Exile and Avernum on the priorities list.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ

Pages