How to save Stroke Victims

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How to save Stroke Victims
Apprentice
Member # 6016
Profile #0
I found this on a forums. Hope you like it. (I DIDN'T MAKE IT!)

http://bbs.conqueronline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60772

Sent this to 3 forums, some of my online friends on msn, aim, and yahoo. :-)

--------------------
I'm a Brainstomer. o_O
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #1
Why did you post this?

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #2
The person who posted this "very important and very useful" information seems to have forgotten to mention the first thing that should be done is to call for emergency assistance. Also, they did not mention the symptoms of a stroke.

It seems by suggesting bloodletting that they are assuming the particular case is a hemorrhagic stroke, but how did they determine that? My knowledge of strokes is limited, but it seems unlikely that a few pin sized finger pricks will significantly help such a problem.

A Transient Ischemic Attack (which has similar symptoms) occurs when the blood supply to part of the brain is briefly interrupted, so bloodletting in this case is not productive either.

[ Saturday, June 25, 2005 10:47: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #3
So it's decided: that thread is useless. And besides, I doubt the poster read the entire thread. There's some contradiction going on there, in addition to being complete ****.

quote:
yes i just got a responce from my old therapist who has a minor in nursing. she said none of this will actually relive symptoms of a stroke although your not to move the person in any way
If you think someone's having a stroke and have no training in the matter, call 911 rather than using the method mentioned. Because if you're inexperienced enough to use the method, your diagnosis is probably wrong.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
Yes, this is pretty ridiculous. Pricking someone's fingers and ears is not going to do anything to clear pooled or clotted blood from inside the brain.

Incidentally, the aspirin advice later in the thread is harmful if the stroke was caused by bleeding (as 1/3 of strokes are) rather than a blood clot. Even in the case of a blood clot, breaking up the clot can trigger bleeding in nearby areas of the brain and further brain injury.

[ Saturday, June 25, 2005 15:32: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Apprentice
Member # 6016
Profile #5
DUDE! Check the other people's posts on it.. Others shown the symptoms of a stroke.\

Edit: I mean on the site i shown.

[ Sunday, June 26, 2005 01:02: Message edited by: Hugnam ]

--------------------
I'm a Brainstomer. o_O
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #6
Hugnam, dear, your post at the top of this topic indicates that you may have the slightest inclination to spamming.

While we appreciate prolific posters who add originality and sparkle to our forum, we try to discourage spam, gently at first, but then with increasing firmness until finally the boys are allowed to work the perpetrator over with extreme violence.

I hope it never reaches that stage.

*smiles sweetly*

--------------------
I am a pale shadow of the previous self.
quote:

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #7
Aren't you just a sweetie, Saunders? :P

Hugna, I don't think that there's ever been much posted on CO's forum, that was ever really worth reading or even technically accurate. Sure, I'll take computer advice from such people, if they don't have an evil smile on their face, while giving it, but medical advice? I'll take the advice of the professionals, over people who post on an online forum. Especially on a life-threatening matter.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #8
THE only way to get a stroke is by reading all of your posts.

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).