The Reanimation

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Reanimation
Warrior
Member # 5699
Profile #25
quote:
Presumably, the giant mountain which you see on the south of the equador is the volcano Olympus Mons, which is 26 kilometers high. That is about 25 kilometers higher than the Mount Everest.
How could you make such a stupid and obvious mistake?
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #26
You could actually make a psychological novel out of this. Go with a protagonist whose brain has been damaged by the cryogenic process, and tell it from his/her point of view. That way, you can even be ambiguous about what the future is really like, and play with the concept of an unreliable narrator. Wouldn't be my cup of tea, but, hey, people call The Sound and the Fury brilliant.

[ Sunday, May 15, 2005 14:14: Message edited by: PoD person ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #27
quote:
Originally posted by AQUILA:
How could you make such a stupid and obvious mistake?
Pardon me, but how could you ask such an obvious and purposeless question? The answer, of course, is idiocy. Does this answer satisfy you?

[ Monday, May 16, 2005 00:05: Message edited by: Mind ]
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by N00BEN:

quote:
Originally written by Mind:
Presumably, the giant mountain which you see on the south of the equador is the volcano Olympus Mons, which is 26 kilometers high. That is about 25 kilometers higher than the Mount Everest.
Mount Everest is about 10km tall. ;)

Well, that was not really precise. The actual length of Mount Everst is 8848 meter since I last updated myself but I have heard that it has melted slightly and lost some meter.

Edit: Just to add, I didn't read the other post first. :rolleyes:

[ Monday, May 16, 2005 03:44: Message edited by: Eagle ]

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #29
Oh no, Mount Everest is melting! :P

Actually it is eroding, but the upward lift of techtonic plate movement is about four times as quick. Therefore, it's actually rising.

29,032 feet, I think, though I've heard 29,029, 20,028, 29,035, and so on. :rolleyes: Us Americans don't use meters that much except in science class.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ

Pages