64bit trouble

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: 64bit trouble
Apprentice
Member # 5677
Profile #0
Yes, I demand weird things!
I have bought a new pc with Athlon 64 and I am currently using windows64. Is there any way to run the old exile games (1-3)? Compatibility options and letting it run in a seperate memory space won't work...
I understand that the games are not meant to be played on such machine, but I could be wrong ;)

By the way, all Avernums and geneforges run regularly. Oh, and great board...
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #1
Thank you. :cool:

I think it might be because the Exile games are 16-bit applications and the Avernum games are 32-bit (I'm not totally sure though). Maybe the new 64-bit processors are just not meant to run 16-bit applications.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #2
tr6y VMWare Virtual Workstation to emulate a 16 or 32 bit PC.

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Infiltrator
Member # 760
Profile #3
Windows XP x64 Edition doesn't support 16-bit programs anymore so older games and programs using 16-bit won't run on it. You'll have to try the program the Takeru Takashi offered and hope for the best

--------------------
"The Darkness Shall Return!"
Warrior
Member # 4590
Profile #4
You could try an emulator like DOSBox, maybe? It's made to run on a 32 bit processor, but the 64 bit windows can run 32 bit apps, can't it? It's open source, too, so you could always compile it to work on a 64 bit system yourself if you wanted, too! If someone else hasn't already done that, that is.

--------------------
I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.
- George Bernard Shaw
Apprentice
Member # 5677
Profile #5
Well, the VMWare Virtual Workstation can't register its classes to create objects. It won't even start so... :(

I will check dosbox later, I had a version in my old pc...
Hey, don't overestimate me! I just know Basic, some C++ and currently learning java and sql. Not your idea of a decent programmer...
I will look for an 64 bit version...
Thanks for the replies though... :D