Getting a new (old) computer...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Getting a new (old) computer...
Apprentice
Member # 783
Profile #0
Since the exile series seems really unhappy under OSX, and even less happy under Wine, I've run out of options. I'm getting a new (old) Mac PowerPC 5500 for the sole purpose of running the original exile series.

I'm thinking that it will be plenty fast, since I started out playing exile on a Mac IIci. I'd still love to see a native OSX or linux port of the games, but it's not such a personal issue any more :)
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #1
As long as it's a Mac with 256 and thousands of colors (or even just 256) and has at least OS 7.5, preferably cleaned out after the last use, you should be golden! Before 7.5, I wouldn't risk it.

[ Sunday, January 23, 2005 12:28: Message edited by: Robin ]

--------------------
Fo shizzle, my lord.

Two goldfish are in a tank. One says to the other, "Do you know how to drive this thing?"
Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #2
My first computer was a macantosh Performer, but i forgot the number.

--------------------
"I am Batman". Batman.

"No one could touch me, I was Escobars Guy"

George Jung-Blow.

"I would like you to meet, my little friend". Tony Montana, Scar Face.

"Dare to disturb the Universe". The Chocolate War.

There is nothing sadder Than wasted Talent.

Lorenzo, A Bronx Tale.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #3
Heh, heh.

I have an old windows computer with native 640x480 resolution, 256 colors, and 16MB RAM. You can't beat that for an Exile computer. You just can't. But yeah, lower screen resolution and a little bit slower processor can make Exile a much more enjoyable game.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ