The beginings of an RPG

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The beginings of an RPG
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #0
I'm in the midst of organizing an rpg. For that I need people who are willing to be in it. I have 6ix spots to fill. Two of those have already been filled. Amongst those are myself and (I belive) m's avatar. That leaves only 4our slots to fill.

The Rpg is geared in the style of the Exile games, namely Exile II. I plan to take a party through the adventure from the beginning to the end. To do that I need people who have experience with the game and who can write somewhat well. To my knowledge this hasn't been done before, Although I know that all of us have imagined ourselves in the place of those characters as they wander around their pixilated landscape. So, what it comes down to is that I need four more people before I can begin so that I can cordinate general stats and etc. it will be possible to join later I belive but a bit hard to fit in. So,

who's with me?

--------------------
...well I thought it was funney...? didn't you?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
I'd like to try this out, even though I'm still not convinced it will work. ;) We'll see.

I've got my perfect character already, so in this case we'll just have to make some E2 stats for him. By the way, what happens if one of the characters dies?

Oh, and seeing you've been gone for a long time and might wonder how to call me. I'm Arancaytar; the displayed name changes on a regular basis right now...

[ Saturday, January 15, 2005 12:34: Message edited by: Where endsthe world, the music long ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #2
I'm not sure. If this thing is a success, I'll be in. However, this board has wasted away in the past couple years. I remember watching everyone on here, and now its just sort of blah. Guess topic ideas are running low.

Back on topic, I reconsidered. Maybe a small part. Not one of those "6 spots". I don't really go on the computer often anymore. Only on weekends, thats about it.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #3
i would join, but i'm busy by day and braindead by night.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #4
If it wasnt for the fact that i have never played any of the Exile games, id be begging to join.

Damn my two dimentional phobia!

--------------------
"Fair and unbiased"
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #5
Alrighty, looks like I'm going to have a rather good turn out. I have to ask for all those who are intrested in joining to PM me for a more convenient way of communication so that I can organize the stats and what not. Thank'es

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #6
New news, I'm having a few friends and i write up an acceptable CD to use for a base on characters that can be easily (relativley speaking) addapted into the game. So things are going smooth enough. But I was curious. I seem to have an overabundance of testosterone in the party. I was wondering if we could have some level-headedness to fix that, nameley a female would help make the group more...diverse. So, any takers?

Also, due to an influx of able characters I can accept a person who was not played the game before. One I know what willing to play but regretably had not played the game. Now I have players who know what their doing so, in the spirit of increasing players I can take someone who hasn't. Thank'es

In a side note. Has anyone ever taken the origional characters and adjusted them all to pacifists? Then taken them into the Cat people cave and imagined them running about screaming being hacked to pieces? Morbid, I know, but I just finished typeing up the Intro so I had to give my mind a break. You never really respect Jeff until you have to do what he has done...wow:P

[ January 17, 2005, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: mung ]

I now realize that the person that I mention earlier about wanting to join but lacking experience is right above me...don't I feel foolish...

[ Monday, January 17, 2005 08:26: Message edited by: mung ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5408
Profile #7
See email.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
Does that mean you're participating? You joined here to roleplay? That can only be a good sign...

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #9
Yah, he's one of mine. He should be in the party. Althought I may have to make some addjustments. This could be more easily played with email. And I could post the progress on the site... That might work better. Any opinions?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
Okay...

testing, testing...

Seems to be work fine. See, I got a connection at my new room lately, but the Spiderweb forums were unviewable due to DNS trouble. Now that I'm using a web proxy, it works fine, and luckily I'm able to log in with it.

Sorry if this is off-topic, but this is as relevant a thread as anything as I couldn't be in this roleplay without a connection from at home (I like to write my RP posts in the evening, not looking over my shoulder to check if my boss is coming in. :P

Anyway, the CD will follow once you post the actual RP thread with the intro. :)

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #11
Alrighty, works well enough for me. I intend to get things started next week sometime...or perhaps let it sit over the weekend friday if I get the time. Who knows, I have the intro written, I simply need to know who infact is in it and how it's going to be set up. but so far things are actually going on schedual so far as I have a schedual. But in the end we shall see what we see shant we:P

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #12
To deliver all the information to all you who are joining at once I'm going to post what is needed for the character CD...

Name:
Species:
Height/Weight:
Build:
Hand:
Advantages:
Disadvantages:

Description:

Personality:

Abilities:-
Health:
Spell Points:
Main Statistics:-
Strengths:
Dexterity:
Intelligence:
Warrior Skills:-
Edge Weapons:
Bashing Weapons:
Pole Weapons:
Thrown Missiles:
Archery:
Defense:
Magic Skills:-
Mage Spells:
Priest Spells:
Mage Lore:
Alchemy:
Item Lore:
Other Skills:-
Disarm Traps:
Lockpicking:
Assassination:
Poison:
Luck:

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
Are there limits to these stats? Opening them seems to invite God-characters...

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #14
Indeed;

Perhaps a specific amount of skill points could be used?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #15
On the other hand, if we use the starting set of skill points in Exile 2, we end up with our characters far too underpowered. I don't want to spend long posts in this RP just leveling up, that's for computer games, not rps.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #16
Certainly but if we started at lvl 50 perhaps, as this would involve no leveling and give you the maximum amount of skills that you can get in the game, but still limit the characters.
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #17
Solution...use ranking such as novice, expert, master, grandmaster for skills and low, med., high for stats, that's the way I did it. And use logic, no one's going to be grand master in more then two weapons and most don't have strength as well as intellegence...ya know?

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #18
I would appreciate it if people who have NOTHING to do with this work would not past in MY topics. This is only for those who are intrested in RPG's that are going on. Not those who wish to make comments about their family problems. Thank you VERY much...

In other news Game should start monday if you all want to get your CD's to me. I would appreciate it. Thanks:P Actually, monday with be a review day for characters then we should be able to begin around wednesday if everyone's with me. Thanks for the wait:D

[ Thursday, January 20, 2005 06:25: Message edited by: mung ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #19
That probably means I make two CDs, one IC one for the rolelplay, and one OOC for you to make up the stats.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #20
Alrighty, I can do that if you want. Just post it on this thread and we shall see. I've got to review them all anyways to make sure they all work. so, yeah. have at it:)

NOTE if you guys could include all visible weapons and etc. in the character description that would be dandy, any additional crapola just make a list. thanks:D

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #21
Technical Character Description:
(Contains only in-game information)
Name: Daryl Mycroft
Species: Human

Advantages:
Magically AptCaveloreDisadvantages: FrailAbilities:Health: 35Spell Points: 25Main Statistics*:Strength: MediocreDexterity: GoodIntelligence: GreatWarrior Skills**:Edge Weapons: ExcellentBashing Weapons: UnskilledPole Weapons: UnskilledThrown Missiles: UnskilledArchery: SkilledDefense: MasteryMagic Skills:Mage Spells: 5Priest Spells: 0Mage Lore: 10Alchemy: 17Item Lore: 9Other Skills**:Disarm Traps: 2Lockpicking: 4Assassination: 0Poison: 0Luck: 6(*in that order: Low, Mediocre, Good, High, Great)
(**in that order: Unskilled, Basic, Skilled, Excellent, Mastery, Grand Mastery)
Possessions:light leather armorrough grey cloaka steel shortsword (the necessary cliche-heirloom)a pair of bootsa cavewood bow, but no arrows.two medium energy potionsa silver ring without any magical powers (also an heirloom).a sack of 50 gold pieces (sum these up I guess)20 units worth of food.A more thorough Roleplaying Character Description will be posted later.
(Edit: Changed the sword and bow to more believable sizes. You don't lug around over a hundred of steel and wood if you're going to do most of your fighting with magic.)

[ Monday, January 24, 2005 14:05: Message edited by: A wanderer, escaped from night ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #22
Technical Character Description:
(Contains only in-game information)

Name: Milton (no other name known to him)

Species: Human

Advantages:

- Magically Apt
- Toughness

Disadvantages:

- Sluggish
Abilities:

- Health: 150
- Spell Points: 60

Main Statistics*:

- Strength: Great
- Dexterity: Good
- Intelligence: Great

Warrior Skills**:

- Edge Weapons: Basic
- Bashing Weapons: Basic
- Pole Weapons: Grand Master
- Thrown Missiles: Unskilled
- Archery: Unskilled
- Defense: Master

Magic Skills:

- Mage Spells: 3
- Priest Spells: 5
- Mage Lore: 5
- Alchemy: 0
- Item Lore: 5

Other Skills**:

- Disarm Traps: 0
- Lockpicking: 0
- Assassination: 15
- Poison: 0
- Luck: 15

(*in that order: Low, Mediocre, Good, High, Great)
(**in that order: Unskilled, Basic, Skilled, Excellent, Mastery, Grand Mastery)
Possessions:

- steel plate mail
- fine cloak
- a steel halberd
- a pair of boots
- 1 arrow
- two daggers (unidentified)
- a brooch made of ivory (from the surface, with no known magic powers)
- a sack of 0 gold pieces (just a sack I guess)
- 30 units worth of food.

[ Monday, January 24, 2005 13:14: Message edited by: Macrsp ]
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #23
I'm a touch confused here. Are we just using the Exile skill system or what?
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #24
Yeah, we're useing the Exile skills...

...per-say...

...But we're addapting them to our characters with allows a bit more freedom and a bit more creativity. You have to use the general idea (hits never doing over 25, etc.) but beyond that you can have the freedom you want. What your character does is what you want him to. but make it consistant with the game.

(When I say 25 I don't mean anything D&Dish..>I mean like...crit. hit on lesser people, on those who can fight that's a rather heavy hit, right...that should do it:D)
I'll post my character Monday after I do a few changes.

--------------------

Pages