Hello Everyone

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Hello Everyone
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #25
By being an amazing kind of stoicist.
My parent lives with me because I'm not terribly like this RL.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #26
Wow, I am sure you had to announce your new found existence on these boards with a COMPLETELY new topic.

But, a member is a member and members who post more than 50 times are always worth something. So be a member and post for the team. And you have to post as many times as your member count until you can leave. And no more emoticons, please.

--------------------
What do I put here?
-Garrison
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #27
TM has been freed of his responsibility a thousand times. I have only completed two thirds of my quota.

It becomes increasingly hard for newbies to accomplish this. Call that fair? On the contrary, I think this will lead to newbies spamming the *** out of these boards. Not what we want, surely. :(

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #28
Once again, the sarcasm really was palpable.

It has been cited that SpidWeb have been having trouble with their ISP because of going over the space limit. More eej newbs who spam the heck out of the boards cannot be good.

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #29
Wolverine--Yeah, we have almost no threads that stay on topic, and for that reason, we have threads such as "Yay, look at me, I have a new web page" and "OMFG!!1!1!YEAH 1000 posts, congratulate me" that should create less than 10 posts but really end up with 50-100 (or more, in some cases :rolleyes: ). Get used to it, but don't post way to much spam e.g. make almost every post do something to contribute to the community. But looks who's talking, I'd better quit.

But the best part is the debates and every flaming each other and telling how idiotic they are and then posting their idea, which in turn is disagreed with (or in Alec's case, broken down into parts and replied to in a single post that takes half a page). Have fun!

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #30
Wtf? Make almost everything you post contribute to the community? That would SUCK. Like, there would be no Finns. I mean, man.

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by FatBatMonkey:

...I'm not terribly like this RL.
!!!

Would you please make the necessary changes online to eliminate those differences? That would so raise the bar here...

Rosy, are you implying that the Finns don't contribute to the community? Imagine Spiderweb without Arctic, TGM, et al. Hell, without the Finns, there would be no community.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #32
Is it easy to imagine this Spidweb community without me, hmm?

Besides, I have contributed. Even though it's just few small maps of Geneforge, it's something.

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Warrior
Member # 2531
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally Posted By Davy The Man:
Rosy, are you implying that the Finns don't contribute to the community? Imagine Spiderweb without Arctic, TGM, et al. Hell, without the Finns, there would be no community.
We don't *contribute* (ignore Riibu here, no matter what she claims), we just hang around and cause random havoc.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]

\w/ ò_Ó \w/
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #34
I was thinking of 'contributing to community' as like, helping people out and posting thoughtful discourses about Spiderweb games. Sorry. That is my point, that non-contributing posts make up the better part of the board. If that makes sense? o_O

EDIT: ADEPT HURF HURF

[ Saturday, August 28, 2004 08:05: Message edited by: Magic Hunter Gurrrrl ]

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #35
I always thought it was an exchange-you answer people's questions about games and stuff and in return, you get your questions answered and are allowed to say really random stuff.

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #36
If we really wanted to be helpful, we'd all write FAQs for the questions that come up perennially.

How do I get into Erika's back room? How do I destroy the Keep? How do I get to the northern spire? Where did Cathrac's Eye go?

Since we don't always discuss this, we must be social people who enjoy babbling to each other at great length.

—Alorael, who is Spiderweb's premier expert in babble. The numbers do not lie!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #37
Who is Cathrac and exactly where did his eye go? :P

--------------------
Austrian Alex - Reality Corp.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #38
No clue who Cathrac is, but his eye went to the Roman's fort.

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #39
And how about getting into Erika's back room? Knowing Jeff, there's got to be some way; but as far as my knowledge goes, no one has accomplished it yet.

And while we're on the subject of contributing, I do contribute. With 10 spam posts a day. :D

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #40
Edit: After re-reading, I noticed it's a bit obscure what I'm talking about. This refers to entering Erika's back room.

It has been accomplished as I remember (I don't know whether for Exile or for Avernum though), but the thread where it's explained has been long purged. Presumably, it would be in my archive, but I can't be bothered to look right now. Also, I'm quite sure there's nothing of any interest back there. Easter eggs are commonly placed where people don't *think* of going, not where they *can't* go. :P

[ Saturday, August 28, 2004 12:27: Message edited by: Also rather a nutcase. ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #41
Sorry, wrong thread.

[ Saturday, August 28, 2004 12:29: Message edited by: Nicothodes ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #42
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...I'm not terribly like this RL.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

!!!

Would you please make the necessary changes online to eliminate those differences? That would so raise the bar here...

Well I would, except for two reasons; one, I don't like to acquiece to stupid requests, two, were I to do that, we still wouldn't be able to raise the bar due to eej spamming newbs, and you continuing your rabid hate campaign. With no discernable point, I might add.

--------------------
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #43
Being new doesn't make somebody a pestilence upon the land. Of course, a greater proportion of new members are but that's because those members who are the aforesaid pestilence may become less irritating or leave because they irritate almost everyone. Therefore the only long-standing members who are still really irritating are those with very thick skins.

To paraphrase the above paragraph, everything that is wrong with the world is FBM's fault.

The fact that everybody else seems to discern a point to this alleged 'rabid hate campaign' (which I don't think exists, and this makes me sorrowful) may be indicative of something.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #44
*stands up and takes a bow* ;)

Well? What can I say? Ah I know; I couldn't have done it without all those people out there who made me insane, and made me see that playing merry heck is a sport and not a hobby, and is, in fact, very fun :cool: . You either hate me, love me or have literally no opinion about me.

As for "rabid hate campaign", I overstate, SD merely really, really doesn't seem to like me. Oh well! How will I ever live, I do not know... :)

--------------------
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #45
It's not too hard to get into Erika's back room, you just have to liquor her up and get some lube action going, and you'll get right in.

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #46
quote:

You either hate me, love me or have literally no opinion about me.
Why must you continue to flatter yourself with such statements? No one here cares nearly enough about you to bother to hate you. In addition, I'd say you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone on these boards who even likes you, let alone loves you. You're generally regarded as a mild annoyance around here and nothing more.

For your sake, you really ought to stop dramatizing yourself incessantly. I hardly care whether or not you take this advice, but I do believe it would be in your best interests to do so.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #47
Of course, if you need to practice before you try it on the real thing, I'm sure this man would be willing to help you out.

(in reference to Djur's post. Ignore Stuggie)

[ Wednesday, September 01, 2004 09:22: Message edited by: Morgan ]
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #48
Morgles:
IMAGE(http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/RET/wa890009.jpg)

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #49
Stuggie:

IMAGE(http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/crime/assassins/mark-david-chapman/mark_david_chapman_mug-smaller.jpg)

Pages