Do Nephils...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Do Nephils...
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #26
IRL, no reptiles stop growing. This doesn't seem to be quite true of the Sliths, although all we have to go by there is in-game graphics and I don't think we have to rely on them.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #27
We do have record of 'Huge' Sliths, who are over 3 meters tall or so. Assuming that the growth rate decreases with age, very old Sliths would be a bit taller than younger ones. Perhaps there maximal height is limited by their lifespan, and most sliths we see are below 60 or so (maybe because they get slain in battle so frequently).

Therefore most 'normal' sliths would be as tall as(or slightly taller than) humans, while the 'bosses' - like Thss-Sss - have lived longer and are accordingly larger... :)

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #28
Then the Slith Chieftains which are so much nastier than normal Sliths would simply be the oldest and hence largest in their tribes?

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #29
Unless sliths hit the statistical limit on age and die off before reaching gargantuan sizes, they probably don't grow like reptiles. Nowhere in any Avernum game is there any mention of ridiculously huge sliths. Since you end up fighting most of them, you'd be notified.

—Alorael, who feels certain that Jeff would have thrown giant sliths at A1 parties if he thought giant sliths were a concern. One way or another, they're not.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4711
Profile #30
LOL !!!!Holy cow u made my clown nose fall!

--------------------
Life is like a box full of chocolates....you always find nuts in the way
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #31
I don't know what medication you're on, but it's obvious that the dosage needs adjustment.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #32
I WTF you sir. In multitudes. Slap 'em round the face 'n' call 'em Jim.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #33
I suppose sliths just grow slowly or their growth slows down a dramatically when they reach certain age, say 15, if we suppose they're human-sized in that age. And nephils propably lick their fur, as I can imagine that they don't like water particularly much.

[ Thursday, July 15, 2004 07:46: Message edited by: Frozen feet ]

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.

Pages