Why are there 10 locked topics in a row?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Why are there 10 locked topics in a row?
Shock Trooper
Member # 18
Profile Homepage #0
Ok, I realise that locked topics inherently end up grouped together (for an obvious reason), but why are there TEN in a row? What's with that?

Md.
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #1
They were resurrected topics from ages long past and they deserved death. Simple as that.

--------------------
There was no happy ending.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Majordomo:

Ok, I realise that locked topics inherently end up grouped together (for an obvious reason), but why are there TEN in a row? What's with that?

Md.

I only see 8 locked topics.

--------------------
Entertaining songs !Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
"AH-CHOO!"
-George Washington
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Two were deleted.

--------------------
I'd be tender, I'd be gentle
And awful sentimental
Regarding love and art
I'd be friends with the sparrows
And the boy who shoots the arrows,
If I only had a heart.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #4
Some of 'em were randomly revived by someone and the others were just nonsense

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ignignok
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #5
They were revived soon after Mariann's announcement that all threads on General older than two months would be deleted due to a shortage of Irony Central disk space. Before Alec came up with the idea of archiving all the old threads, several old threads deemed important were resurrected in an effort to save them from certain elimination.

--------------------
Stughalf

"The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others."- Theodore Roosevelt, 1903.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
I think he got the idea from me. I revived the first one, which was Djur's last post on his original account. After about 15 minutes, I think he realized that there were too many topics that were important, which was the moral dilemma that I was facing, too. Fortunately, he came up with the good idea for the archive, which I hadn't.

EDIT: w00t! 500th post for me! Erudite I am now.

[ Sunday, May 23, 2004 15:07: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #7
Ah, I was confused by the order of the dead topics. But yeah, the topic you revived at first is one of my favorites. Speaking of old favorites, does anyone know what became of the old "Friends" topic (the one with Alec's secret disclosure at the end)? I read it soon after I arrived here, but couldn't find it when I looked for it a few months later.

--------------------
Stughalf

"The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others."- Theodore Roosevelt, 1903.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
I could've sworn I saw that thread in the BoE forum somewhere... I will look for it and edit this message if I find it.

EDIT: Can't find it. Don't know. I have about half the pages of General on my computer, so it might be somewhere in there, but I don't see it anywhere in the forums.

[ Sunday, May 23, 2004 15:55: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00