Remember the Alamo

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Remember the Alamo
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #0
Have any of you seen it yet? I watched it and It was awsome. It was some what historically accurate and entertaining. Also has anyone seen Hellboy it looks good I plan on seeing it later this week.

--------------------
Getapc
--------------------
The Flaming Sword of not perfict grammer has now become The Flaming Sword of Pretty Good Grammar.
--------------------
Warning pretty good grammar behind.▓
--------------------
A guy with not so perfict grammer has changed to A guy with pretty good grammar.
--------------------
I shortened my signature more.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #1
I hate Texans.

Hellboy, on the other hand, is something. An action movie that receives a positive review from Salon is obviously worth seeing.

--------------------
AnamaFreak (3:59:56 AM): Shounen-ai to the MAX
Misogynism is the wave of the future,
but it sure pisses the womenfolk off.

Shocking, isn't it?
Warrior
Member # 3232
Profile Homepage #2
Hellboy is good, though it is not very historicaly accurate. Then again, it is rather silly that I am complaining about who is in the Nazis' employ when there are daemons in the movie.

--------------------
-Phynex, Dark Strategist

Never let morals get in the way of doing what's right
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
I've seen neither, but I've heard much grumbling about Hellboy. Since I've seen it get good reviews, I remain firmly convinced that movie critics' opinions are generally opposite to those of the average viewer.

?Alorael, who sees very few movies. These two will likely go on his "didn't see and don't particularly care" list.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #4
Hellboy is great.

Since the Alamo takes a "huff three cheers for treacherous slimeballs" viewpoint, I'm sure it sucks eggs through a garden hose.

--------------------
Beatoff Valley: A story told out of order.
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Alorael:

Since I've seen it get good reviews, I remain firmly convinced that movie critics' opinions are generally opposite to those of the average viewer.
I agree with that. Every movie I've seen that the critics don't like, I've loved (or just liked alot).

--Jonnie Zahndi Zolohahni

--------------------
—Jonah Zahndi Zolohahni
Jonnie's Domain.
JDF — Jonnie's Domain Forums.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #6
I saw "The Alamo" last night, and, although it was a decent war drama and reasonably moving, it fell quite a bit short of epic status. The movie was evidently designed with the objective of pleasing Texans in mind, as I found it impossible to count on one hand how many times an Alamo defender waxed poetic about the beauty of the Texas landscape, or about the infinite importance of gaining independence for Texas. None of that did much for me. Luckily, the movie was quite well-cast, and larger-than-life figures such as Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie were brought to life with a good degree of believability.

Overall, although I did enjoy the film, I found myself wondering, afterwards, whether "Hellboy" would have been more enjoyable. No use whatsoever in wondering about that, though.

--------------------
Stughalf

"The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others."- Theodore Roosevelt, 1903.
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #7
I agree with the critic thing once and a while they get it right like with Lord of the Rings. I liked the movie its not one of them "got to buy the dvd" ones but it was good. I may or may not have tring to get into Hellboy "illeagally" but kinda got caught luckly I knew the girl and didn't get in trouble but I did have to leave IMAGE(frown000.gif) .

--------------------
Getapc
--------------------
The Flaming Sword of not perfict grammer has now become The Flaming Sword of Pretty Good Grammar.
--------------------
Warning pretty good grammar behind.▓
--------------------
A guy with not so perfict grammer has changed to A guy with pretty good grammar.
--------------------
I shortened my signature more.