For the attention of Spidweb or Drakefyre

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: For the attention of Spidweb or Drakefyre
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #0
I didn't know where to put this so I apologise if it needed to be in the Avernum forum.

The reason I ask Drakefyre is that I have heard he is a friend of to the people at Spidweb.

Well, the thing is, I want to know if it is acceptable for me to use the graphics supplied with Avernum/Geneforge and make them into a short animation in Paint Shop Pro or similar, as a trailer for my BoA scenario.

I accept that they may be your work, and if you say yes, I will be mentioning the sources of the graphics. Things I want to use are people, items and landscapes.

I apreciate that the graphics may not be yours, but if I could have your permission, I would be very grateful. And who knows, maybe you'll even put it on the site!

Thanks.

[ Monday, March 22, 2004 02:20: Message edited by: SupaNik ]

--------------------
Thus endeth this post.

Please visit Random Stupidity to see the amazing Spamness, or the wonderful-seven-posts-in-a-row-topic. And have fun!
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #1
It would hardly be the first time it's been done. Plenty of BoE scenarios have included Avernum and/or Geneforge graphics. So go for it.

By the way, I don't believe that any scenario that has been heavily publicised before it's release has ever been completed. Just something for you to think about.

Alcritas had a .gif movie for Redemption, but I don't know if anyone has it any more after the Lyceum's crash.

--------------------
Win a free copy of Blades of Avernum!

The Don't Fix The Shark Competition
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
Well, besides TM's scenarios and Falling Stars, but those are exceptions.

As long as you're keeping the spidweb graphics within a spidweb medium, it should be fine.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #3
quote:It would hardly be the first time it's been done. Plenty of BoE scenarios have included Avernum and/or Geneforge graphics. So go for it. I was just making sure - and I plan to use the graphics for a movie not a scenario. That's still ok?

quote:By the way, I don't believe that any scenario that has been heavily publicised before it's release has ever been completed. Just something for you to think about.I appreciate that, but I have sorted everything out for my scenario, and am just waiting for BoA to arrive on PC's - two months of waiting! And so I thought that this would be a cool idea.

Anyway thanks for the reply. I'll go ahead, and hold you responsible if anyone sues, ok? *sniggers* No, seriously, thanks.

Edit: gotta type quicker! (In response to Drakeys reply)

[ Monday, March 22, 2004 02:45: Message edited by: SupaNik ]

--------------------
Thus endeth this post.

Please visit Random Stupidity to see the amazing Spamness, or the wonderful-seven-posts-in-a-row-topic. And have fun!