On ones Publicly displayed name being "Guest"

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: On ones Publicly displayed name being "Guest"
Warrior
Member # 656
Profile Homepage #0
I tried to change my name to Guest and to my extreme disapointment, it said that the name was already taken. Is there actually a member named guest (because if there is, they have been incredibly invisible), or is it just a name that the board doesn't allow?

--------------------
*I am not a guest.
Posts: 127 | Registered: Wednesday, February 20 2002 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #1
No. Guest is reserved for guest posters, a feature that allows nonmembers to post. This feature is often disabled by admins due to its obvious flaws.
Warrior
Member # 656
Profile Homepage #2
Well, I have the name Guest on other forums that use Guest for guests. Until I got an avatar my name was displayed almost identically to a guests IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards On ones Publicly displayed name being Guest_files/smile.gif)

--------------------
*I am not a guest.
Posts: 127 | Registered: Wednesday, February 20 2002 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #3
So obviously it varies from forum maker to forum maker. No biggie, really. Just find an even more creative way to be named guest. one that's closer to guest. Or kill some people for no real reason. Either 1 will work.
Shock Trooper
Member # 216
Profile Homepage #4
You know, most message boards today don't consign you to be guest, but allow you to choose any username you want, or they have special prefixes / suffixes to add to that username that you choose, so as not to be confused with actual members, per se.

Guest accounts are rare.

--------------------
Song of the Pack -- An Online Multiplayer Wolf RPG!~
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #5
Just change your name to Beetlebug's Playmate, and be done with it.

--------------------
- The Great Mister