Dagorhir Battle Games

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Dagorhir Battle Games
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #25
Sealed Knot, I believe.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #26
Eh, fine. I guess the
quote:
Originally written by General Custer:

I also like using factory-produced, unrealistic swords with which I can pretend I'm a medieval knight and not actually a fat, obsessive geek who has failed to grow out of the 'I'm a knight in shining armour' phase...
part led me to believe you were calling Dagorhir participants fat, obsessive geeks. I don't believe there were any knights during the civil war.
Sorry for jumping on your back, there. Let's just let bygones be bygones, okay?

Anyway, as for the original topic...

Dagorhir is an organization that does Dark Ages battle reenactments. Well, they don't just reenact. They make weapons and armor and have big battles, and maybe have a feast afterwards. It's very safe, as long as you follow the rules. There's very specific guidelines as to which weapons are and aren't allowed. For instance, the "blade" of a sword cannot be less than 2 inches wide, or something like that. Here's the website:
Dagorhir Battle Games
I guess I didn't explain it too well, but the website does a good job. It also has links to pages explaining step-by-step how to make weapons, armor, etc.
I just thought some of the people here might find it interesting. It's certainly an improvement over what my cousins and I do- whacking each other with splintering fenceposts carved into the shape of a sword- so I thought it was great. I'm going to try to start my own Dagorhir chapter in Revere, since the closest one is in Northampton, on the other side of the state.

[ Monday, June 30, 2003 14:46: Message edited by: The Almighty Doer of Stuff ]

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #27
The site appears interesting and therefore requires further investigation.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #28
ADoS: you forgot to copy the link to the site along with the rest of the post.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.

Pages