Question about licence

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Question about licence
Apprentice
Member # 8738
Profile Homepage #0
My English isn't very well so I have question to you. Take a look at this text taken from CPL licence attached to the BoE source code release:

quote:
Blades of Exile Game/Editor Common Public License

BLADES OF EXILE GAME/EDITOR ("PROGRAM") IS PROVIDED UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS COMMON PUBLIC LICENSE ("AGREEMENT"). ANY USE, REPRODUCTION OR DISTRIBUTION OF THE PROGRAM BLADES OF EXILE EDITOR CONSTITUTES RECIPIENT'S ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT.

THIS LICENSE APPLIES ONLY TO THE PROGRAM "BLADES OF EXILE EDITOR", AND NOT TO THE PROGRAM "BLADES OF EXILE," DEMO OR FULL.
I don't understand. BoE Game/Editor is provided under terms of the licence, but licence applies only to the BoE Editor? Could somebode explain this to me, please?

--------------------
Blades of Exile for Win32
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #1
Are those two paragraphs in the order they were in on the liscense? If not, it may just be some sort of mistake. If so, I am very confused.

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Porcrastinators Unite...Tomorrow!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
What I think happened is that Jeff copied the licence for the BoA Editor, did a find/replace to change "Exile" to "Avernum", and forgot to remove the paragraph about the game itself not being released under the same licence.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #3
Of course! That would make sense. I was really confused there...

Legal documents just aren't my thing, I'm afraid...

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Porcrastinators Unite...Tomorrow!
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #4
I will put a corrected license on the BoE source code page shortly.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com