Demo maxing out

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Demo maxing out
Apprentice
Member # 5976
Profile #0
Is this a glitch or something, but when playing demo of BoE (Valley of Dying Thigs) you can edit the starting city (You shouldn't have the permission to play it when edited). So even if you haven't registered, you can get your stuff and spells maxed out by putting cheap shops in there and using character editor on your party several times (9999 gold). So, do you know is it meant to be this way?

[ Friday, December 16, 2005 07:36: Message edited by: Zealot ]

--------------------
I am Anaximander. Just changed my name ;-)

Filling BoE graphic requests, I don't make scenarios :-P
Apprentice
Member # 596
Profile #1
I don't know if this is a glitch.
However, if you alter any scenario, you are not really playing that scenario any more.
Is it not better to try and meet the challenge of the scenario?
As far as I know, the character editor is to help you out if you get stuck in a scenario (e.g. a bug) or if you have difficulty with the combat or whatever.
As far as I know, experienced BoE players do not like to use the character editor or scenario editor very much. They like to meet the challenge of a BoE scenario with the recommended party or much lower.
The skilled BoE player may attempt any scenario with a (small) beginner level party - and prefer to do it this way. They will never use the character editor to gain gold or spells or resurrection etc.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
I don't think it's supposed to be that way, but it is, and there's no chance that Jeff will change anything about BoE now.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #3
Well, admittedly, I'm known for using the editors in BoE and BoA to fix things if I get stuck in a scenario, but not to make myself stronger. I just use the editors to attempt to get around fatal bugs in the scenario.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #4
I'm sure that Jeff will be incredibly worried that your unregistered party can now acquire and Super Ravage Knife +28.

--------------------
-ben4808
Apprentice
Member # 5976
Profile #5
Well I do :D

--------------------
I am Anaximander. Just changed my name ;-)

Filling BoE graphic requests, I don't make scenarios :-P