Scenario Idea

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Scenario Idea
Apprentice
Member # 5687
Profile #0
I'm making my own scenario, one of the first ones I've made, but that's besides my point.

So far, my scenario is basicly being a detective. A number of "suspects" will become obvious at some point, but there will be false evidence, people covering eachother, etc. You must solve the mystery of the assassinations of a number of officials.

It's set in the future, where there's the empire and another nation/republic/kingdom. It might be the opposing nation, rebels, vanahtai, maybe even ninjas. I don't even know who did it yet, but what do you think of the Idea?

P.S. - I will make it have more story than action, most likely.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Almost no idea is ever bad in itself. The question is about the execution.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #2
That sounds great. Although some sneaky bugger could steal your idea if he has thought of how it ended, I would look forward to that scenario.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #3
On a side note, you probably shouldn't go around proclaiming "Hey everyone, I'm making a scenario" unless you genuinely plan to finish it. Many scenarios get sluffed off and left for incomplete.

But yeah, now that you've got an idea, off to designing!

--------------------
-ben4808
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by N00BEN:

On a side note, you probably shouldn't go around proclaiming "Hey everyone, I'm making a scenario" unless you genuinely plan to finish it.
Or unless you plan to make a new account, say you are making a new one then disappear.

Now theres an idea...

[ Saturday, May 14, 2005 16:16: Message edited by: Sprung Spring ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by N00BEN:

On a side note, you probably shouldn't go around proclaiming "Hey everyone, I'm making a scenario" unless you genuinely plan to finish it. Many scenarios get sluffed off and left for incomplete.

But yeah, now that you've got an idea, off to designing!

*hangs head in shame...* :(

Umm... I've got designers block? :confused:

I wanna finish it, I really do. I just get sidetracked so easily. Website, forums, building a database...

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #6
I figure if you don't have time to play scenarios, you really don't have time to make them.

A mystery could be a good scenario. Really, I've rarely seen an idea hurt a scenario (though it does happen). Bad scenarios are usually bad because of a lack of ideas of any sort, or because of lousy execution.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

I figure if you don't have time to play scenarios, you really don't have time to make them.
You might spend too much time making them, therefore not being able to make them.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Typical Stereotype:

You might spend too much time making them, therefore not being able to make them.
Well, that makes SO much more sense than what that other guy said.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 5687
Profile #9
Well, thanks guys! I'm off to make another couple of towns and outdoor sections. Away!