Can't get quintessence to start.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Can't get quintessence to start.
Warrior
Member # 3810
Profile #0
I cannot get quintessence to show up on the custom scenerio menu when I play. I have both the quint.bmp and the quint.exs files in my bladscen folder (I have a pc) and the quint.sav in my blades folder, but the scenerio does not show up. (and yes I did delete a bunch so it isn't a problem with too many scenrios for it to regester.

--------------------
Ho Dragon brothers! Loose your venom, BURN BURN, and in your burning cleanse the world!

Elric of Melnibone
Shock Trooper
Member # 4942
Profile #1
If you have too many scenarios in your bladscen folder, that may be the source of your problem. Try removing a scenario, and then try to play your scenario again. I think that may be what is wrong. Otherwise, I'm afraid I can't help you.

--------------------
Wham Bam Shizam
Warrior
Member # 3810
Profile #2
Right now I only have 9 scenerio's up, which is far less than capacity, it's something else.

--------------------
Ho Dragon brothers! Loose your venom, BURN BURN, and in your burning cleanse the world!

Elric of Melnibone
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
If you're absolutely sure everything's in the correct place, maybe your download was corrupted. I guess you'll just have to try redownloading.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 3810
Profile #4
I'll try it. (grumbles about how useless spiderweb is)

--------------------

Elric of Melnibone
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #5
When I donloaded Quintessence, it seemed to be corrupted also because it didn't work. I've never tried it since. Maybe you should try downloading from a different site if it still doesn't work. :confused:

--------------------
-ben4808
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #6
Try my site:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/

I just tested the PC download and it works fine.

--------------------
All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Posts: 653 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 3810
Profile #7
thanks it worked. :)

However I cannot cast spells except when I am in combat mode, is this normal for the scenerio?

--------------------

Elric of Melnibone
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
Uh, no. What happens when you try to cast spells outside of combat mode? Is your spell list completely devoid of castable spells, or can't you even get to the spell list at all?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3810
Profile #9
I get a message saying,

Cast spell: nobody can no menu at all.

--------------------

Elric of Melnibone
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #10
That's the message you get when everyone's dumbfounded, or no one has spell casting abilities.

I don't know why it would display otherwise.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #11
Or if you've joined the Anama and you try to cast a mage spell. But then again, this is BoE, sorry.

Maybe you should reinstall the whole game. That is, if you've had similar problems with other scenarios.

[ Monday, November 01, 2004 17:29: Message edited by: 4614 and 4808 ]

--------------------
-ben4808
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
Yeah, the most logical possibility is that you were either dumbfounded or out of spell points when you tried. If you're sure that's not the case, maybe Jonah did get corrupted somehow; use BoE and the character editor to make him from scratch.

--------------------
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #13
Make sure you do use the sav file that came with the game - this scenario is built around it. The Readme file contains all the info you need to build this file from scratch if you need to.

--------------------

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Warrior
Member # 3810
Profile #14
Yeah I finally had to just recreate Jonah.

Now I have some questions which I am too dumb to figure out myself.

1. In the sticks/math with roman numerals puzzle can anyone give me a hint, It says to look for an approximation, but how can you do that without irrational numbers or decimals?

2. how do you win as opposed to finishing?

--------------------

Elric of Melnibone
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
1. If I remember correctly, the approximation you're looking for is pi = 22/7

2. Find and kill all your harmonics, find a use for the item Joel gives you if you help him, and leave through the Culet.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3810
Profile #16
thanks. Grumble grumble pi is NOT anywhere close to 22/7 grumble grumble. Sometimes more math classes gets you into trouble. Oh and do you actually get anything for solving it, I don't seem to.

[ Wednesday, November 03, 2004 17:38: Message edited by: Corwin ]

--------------------

Elric of Melnibone
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #17
The Pi question is a trick. Think about symbols you can make as an answer, not numbers or Roman numerals. You do get a reward.

Do find the harmonics. Some are obvious. Some are hidden. Look for bones.

--------------------