The Election-save files

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Election-save files
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #0
Okay, I decided, since you said it had no magic, that I was going to play The Election. So I downloaded it and got everything ready, but I ran into a problem. I copied the prefab party that comes with the scenario into the folder all my other save files were, but when I loaded it up in the game, I got an error message that said "This is not an Exile II save file". :confused: :confused: . How do I get this to work and/or what were the attributes of that party so I can play it right?

--------------------
-ben4808
Agent
Member # 14
Profile #1
Why would it tell you this is not an Exile II save file? You are trying to load it in BoE, aren't you? Make sure the file extension is .sav.

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"-The Divine Comedy
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
DB, the "Exile II save file" message is a known bug in BoE.

There are different versions of the save file for Mac and Windows. Do you have the right one for your computer?

Stats aren't very important in this scenario anyway. Just use a normal low-to-medium-level PC and name him Vandell.

By the way, if you don't want to use magic, you'll have to get by without using the healing sceptre, unless you can justify it in non-magical terms.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
And don't give him any combat stats, really. You shouldn't have to (or be able to) fight at all. You get a couple of healing potions, too.

EDIT: Eh, Edged Weapons at 5. But all you get is a Bronze Knife.

[ Saturday, August 28, 2004 12:57: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #4
Okay, I'll just try it with my own L1 party (it is non-magical). I wanted to make sure that it isn't critical you use the prefab party. BtW, does it have to be a singleton, though?

--------------------
-ben4808
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
Yes. The plot assumes that the party is a 1-PC named Vandell. He should also have the Chronic Disease ailment, but you can do without it if it annoys you (which it will). Apart from that, stats don't really matter.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #6
Thanks for all your help, everyone, though I still can't figure out why that save file won't work, but it shouldn't really matter that much now. I'll just create my party like this:

1. Vandell. 24 HP, 5 edged, and a Bronze Knife. I'll skip the Chronic Disease for now, as it seems to me that it's just an excuse for you having to carry around some healing and curing potions to cure the poison.

Thanks again!

--------------------
-ben4808
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #7
Actually, the fact that the character has an incurable disease is an integral part of the storyline. Also, it's important that you have no food.

The stats aren't that unimportant. You can win that fight if you know what you're doing. But probably not without magic.

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom