I've tried 'The Icy Tunnels'

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: I've tried 'The Icy Tunnels'
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #0
While I found it a solid story with some good puzzles, I came across some flaws and was wondering if constructive criticism was being accepted for this sceinario? If there had been an e-mail address given in the read-me I'd have contacted the author directly. I'm fairly new to Blades so I am unsure of protocol. I'd love to be a beta-tester, as I have a keen eye for detail.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
I have no idea about S M Adventurer (someone else who actually knows him?) but you can definitely explain your opinion about the scenario at the Lyceum's ratings page for it. If you like playing BoE scenarios and telling what you think about them, there's a Scenario Ranking Contest going on right now. Play and rate as many as you can!

If you have absolutely no idea what CSR is or what these links mean, the FAQ and Rules page may help.

[/shameless plug]

EDIT: Er, and SW's page with the scen gives his e-mail as srmboe2 (at) yahoo.com.

[ Wednesday, July 28, 2004 20:09: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #2
Welcome!

The way it goes: You can email the author directly (in most cases), but most people use the Comprehensive Scenario Rankings - there's a link at the top of the forum. Here's the topic for The Icy Tunnels.

If you want to beta-test, the usual method is just to hang around, post, and volunteer when someone asks. I'd recommend rating a bunch of scenarios on CSR - recently, I specifically asked Sboto to test Areni because I'd been impressed by the quality of his reviews. If you show that you know what makes a scenario work, you're likely to get picked.

EDIT: Kel beat me to it.

[ Wednesday, July 28, 2004 20:16: Message edited by: The Creator ]

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
Apprentice
Member # 4031
Profile Homepage #3
You talking about me? Well, Gizmo, I like to thank you for playing my scenario. I also have
three others, available from my website:

http://srmboe0.tripod.com

Those scenarios are, in order from best to worst,
Quest for the Orbs, Goblin Attacks, and the Big
Combat. Try them out if you wish.

But do not try The Big Combat! I repeat, do not try The Big Combat. It's my first and worst scenario. I don't even know why I uploaded it, but I guess it was because it was part of
my line up of scenarios.

I also have another one coming up, called the
Green Islands. It's about halfway done.
As soon as it is completed and alpha-tested
by myself it will be ready for beta-testing.

But anyway, I post more at the Lyceum then here.
Look at my post count here and my post count there. I'm a lurker here and a constant poster
over there.

[ Thursday, July 29, 2004 19:43: Message edited by: S M Adventurer ]

--------------------
html://srmboe0.tripod.com - My Website, filled with my BOE scenarios, Avernum 3 hints, and my Exile Stories. Check it out!
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #4
Thanks for the info, I'll give them a try. In light of the contest I'm trying everything. Since I hadn't ranked any scenarios before the contest started, it may give me an advantage. Of course I don't have BoA so someone with both could easily beat me out.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive