PC Version bugs?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: PC Version bugs?
Apprentice
Member # 7241
Profile #0
I've played Exile III many times on the mac, but I switched to a PC a while back and started a new game, and I've encountered a couple notable bugs which I could use some help with. I'm running Windows XP, if that matters any.

The nastiest bug is that a couple of NPCs simply haven't appeared. None of them have been plot required yet, but the ghost in Colchis Ruins and the vampire Vahkhos both failed to spawn when I entered their dungeon, and nothing I can do can get them to appear. As a completionist I'd like to do both of those quest, but more importantly a fix is needed in case it happens to a major quest NPC.

Secondly, the game randomly crashes every once in a while. It's always triggered by me clicking on something, and the game locks up. When I start it again, the sound doesn't work, and the game can't get past the "Spiderweb Software" screen - the main screen is just white. This problem persists until I reboot my computer.

Any idea of what's going wrong?
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #1
Did you try reinstalling/redownloading. Or maybe the Windows version is different than the Mac version?

--------------------
-ben4808
Apprentice
Member # 7241
Profile #2
The CD it was installed from was a holiday special featuring the whole trilogy that worked on both Mac and PC. I could try and dig it up again to reinstall, but I doubt I'd find it, and I don't think my save file would be fixed - the monsters in question wouldn't retroactively spawn.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #3
I've always used the PC versions and I've never found any major character to be missing. Even under Windows XP.

So you went to Vahkhos's place and couldn't find anyone you could talk to? That could be an error or it could be an example of the feature that NPCs do tend to wander around (sometimes even going through secret doors), hence making finding them when you want quite tricky. The latter is more likely if all the other not-yet hostile undead are still wandering about. Go back and have another look. If it really is an error, it sounds like a corrupted save-file. You might need to reinstall, and start the game again from the beginning.

Maybe you'd get a better response on the technical support forum?

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Seelas:

The CD it was installed from was a holiday special featuring the whole trilogy that worked on both Mac and PC. I could try and dig it up again to reinstall, but I doubt I'd find it, and I don't think my save file would be fixed - the monsters in question wouldn't retroactively spawn.
This is probably the problem. You should probably redownload the game from SpidWeb itself.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Apprentice
Member # 7241
Profile #5
Is the original Exile trilogy being offered for free now? I wouldn't have a registration code.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
If you bought the game once, you can get another registration code by e-mailing Jeff.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00