Walkthroughs

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Walkthroughs
Apprentice
Member # 7124
Profile #0
I am going through Exile 1:Escape from the pit. The MANGO MAN Walkthrough only helps very little. I am debating writing another more thorough(sp) walkthrough that may help others better. I just started playing this set of games and enjoy it but, I get stuck and don't knwo about any other guides or anythign that can help me. Any Ideas, or anyone know where I can get the guides. A better one.

--------------------
Tallie
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
For E1, the Avernum 1 guides will be just about the same with regard to the major missions.

[ Tuesday, May 23, 2006 16:14: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
There are still a bunch of Exile series pages out there. Do a google search.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7124
Profile #3
I have and most of the exile results I get are for the MYST game. Any help? Anythign I have to do to do an approved walkthrough?

--------------------
Tallie
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
Nope. Jeff Vogel isn't in the business of officially giving his seal of approval to fanmade walkthroughs, but he certainly won't object if you do make one.

And if you're stuck in a particular area of the game, you can always ask on the forums.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 7124
Profile #5
Thanks. I have Asked a few times. THe most irritating thing for me in Exile 1 is that I killed the king then I can't get back past the white dots, so is the game over or is there another way I can go to get away from the surface exit thing? And the walkthrough is becuase the one by mango man, the only one I have found, is not relly complete it is missing a bunch of areas.

--------------------
Tallie
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #6
I can't really remember, but when you kill the King, either Erika teleports you away automatically, or you have to find a return portal (very likely behind a secret door). I don't particularly remember it and I completed it without any walkthroughs, so it must be standard Exilogy. The #1 Rule of Exile: There's Always a Secret Door, Except When There's a Special Item.

Edit: I just played the battle again. You should be teleported away immediately you kill King H. The sound effects are such fun: [whip crack][oooh!][whip crack][uhhh!] and let's not forget the kill spell sound [chug-a-chug][blast!]

[ Monday, May 29, 2006 11:15: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
That's only if you have all five brooches. With only four you can get in to kill Hawthorne but you have to die for the cause.

—Alorael, who figured martyrdom is as good an end as any for the intrepid Avernites.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7124
Profile #8
Ok, so is it the end of the game when you are teleported back to exile or can you keep playing. If so how? That is what I am tryign to find out. I killed the king and have been teleported back. I want to keep playing.

--------------------
Tallie
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Tallie:

Ok, so is it the end of the game when you are teleported back to exile or can you keep playing. If so how? That is what I am tryign to find out. I killed the king and have been teleported back. I want to keep playing.
You can keep playing, but if you've already killed Grah-Hoth, killed Hawthorne, and found the escape route to the surface, there's not actually anything more to do (besides finishing any side quests you missed).

If you've done everything and want an ending that actually ends your game, you can always go back through the Final Gauntlet and exit to the surface.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 7124
Profile #10
Ok SO back to part of my original question. How do I keep Playing if I can not get back past the white dot and there is no where else that I cna find to get back into the main lands. Just the exit that Erika uses to teleport you. So how can I keep playing?

--------------------
Tallie
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #11
What on earth are you talking about? Please specify which white dot you can't get past.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4