Most excellent nomination.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Most excellent nomination.
Apprentice
Member # 6419
Profile #0
I think that the entire Exile series, played from start to finish, is possibly the most excellent computerized role-playing game ever. The simplicity of design allows for a wider imaginative involvement, and the storyline is idea. I certainly had to write things down.

--------------------
F!@#^%!n Foliage!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Rock on. Take a look at Blades of Exile — if you liked the Exile Trilogy, there should be a number of scenarios for BoE that you would enjoy.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #2
*clinks mugs with bhima*

Right. Now if only Jeff would read this. :P

--------------------
-ben4808
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #3
I suspect you won't get many disagreeing views, on this board.

For me the Exile trilogy is one of comparatively few computer games I have ever got really into. I even liked the Exile graphics (more so than the Avernum ones).

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #4
Exile pales in comparison to BoE.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #5
There is a certain charm, though, about The First One in most series. The Original, before it got all the New and Improved Super Souped-Up Stuff added to it. ^_^ Although, in Exile, said New Stuff is done quite well. I like the whole day thing and stuff being determined by time, as well as the click-on-stuff talking method and the courier jobs. But certain stuff comes pretty early in the game. In A/E 3, you can meet Erika without having to register, that's how early she comes into it. (Not that I'm complaining or anything. *grins happily*) And you can get the Orb of Thralni without registering. At least, in A3 you can. I don't think I've ever gotten that far in E3. ^^;
*looks at all the repetitions of the word "stuff"* Er... that was... intentional. It was anaphora! ^^;;;

--------------------
A C, an E-flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin walks up to them and says, "Hey! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says, "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
Warrior
Member # 3932
Profile #6
Hehe... I loved the unregistered graphics, when the floor was still brown. ;P

--------------------
Clowns are baby eating murderers.

My science teacher says so.

And life keeps going --->
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
That has nothing to do with registration and everything to do with a new version released after E3 was made. Jeff decided to stick all the later E3 graphics in the earlier games. Sure, it makes them pretty, but Exile just isn't the same.

—Alorael, who was shocked and apalled the first time he found that AP magically appeared in E1. If you're moving more than one space per turn, something is very wrong.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3932
Profile #8
Oh. Well, when I had the unregistered version, it must have been one that hadn't been changed to the newer graphics. I had the demo from a CD my dad had, not from downloading it.

--------------------
Clowns are baby eating murderers.

My science teacher says so.

And life keeps going --->
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #9
Yeah, the new graphics aren't as pretty. Not to mention that the Escape from the Pit version number "Exile 2.0.1" that I have confuses me to no end. ^^;

--------------------
A C, an E-flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin walks up to them and says, "Hey! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says, "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."