Lich Battle (Exile 2)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Lich Battle (Exile 2)
Apprentice
Member # 6416
Profile #0
I was wondering if anyone has beaten the Lich in the Valley of the Dead in Chapter 3?
I've beaten it, but I had to stock up on a LOT of Fire Orb Necklaces, Shields of Khar, Sheilding Crystals, and Shields of Klud, but a little extra for the weaker people in my party, i bought them Lifesaver Amulets...and if you have beaten it, were you able to use Capture Soul successfully on it? Cause if you can get the Lich's soul in the Soul Crystal, you can get a VERY powerful ally in future battles...sadly, I wasn't able to. :(

[ Monday, October 24, 2005 09:50: Message edited by: Sephiroth1985 ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #1
The first time I played through, I had to stock up on a lot of stuff, but the second time I played through, I beat it in like 5 turns. However I was cheating in a way that is unmentionable in the forums.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Warrior
Member # 2954
Profile #2
First time I fought - all but 1 of my PCs were killed
Second time I fought - slaughtered them all with Dispel Undead. From my 3 mages each hasted blasing the lich with that spell killed them easily.

--------------------
My party is but a singleton.
He has no friends.
Banished from the Empire on that basis.
His only friends he has are souls of:
- Ur-basilisk
- Vahnahtai Blademaster
- Vahnahtai Lord (Mage)
- Empire Dervish
Apprentice
Member # 6522
Profile Homepage #3
I just did the Lich fight the other day, actually. I was still in Chapter 3 with a ~level 18 4-PC party, with two tanks and spellcasters being one 3/4 Priest/Mage and one 4/4 Priest/Mage whose only level 4 mage spells were Capture Soul and Simulacrum. Didn't have any fancy items other than a Goo Bomb, a couple Strong Energy Potions from Egli and some spare Weak Strength and Speed potions for the tanks with an Ambrosia for the spellcasters from the Gremlin Wine in Chapter 2.

First round would consist of tanks using the Goo Bomb to slow down most of the enemy and block vision of Lich and popping strength potions, 3/4 caster to Slow Group, and 4/4 caster to Haste the 3/4 caster. Second round, if the Lich didn't Firestorm the party, there'd be a Haste to the 4/4 caster, and two Simulacrums of Vahnatai Keepers. Third round is the free round from the Slow, so I'd try and Capture Soul at about this point. (It's more than possible: I'd usually snag the Lich in about three tries, with ~Lv.18 ~11-13 Int. spellcasters. God bless potions for multiple tries.) From there, I spammed Lich and Vahnatai Keeper Simulacrums inbetween Slow Groups and Curse Alls and made short work. There was a fair dose of luck in the behavior of the Lich, though: if he managed to get a pair of Firestorms off, or a pair of Kill spells, then that just fell apart. The Slow and webbing did help a bit though, enough to slow down the spellcasting just enough so that I could recover whoever was in direst need.

I don't think you'll have access to a Goo Bomb, though, so I'm not sure how to best approach it. Probably you'll work with 6PCs, so you'll have extra spellcasting on your side for more Simulacrum spams. I find Vahnatai Keepers to be a steal at 8MP and a constant source of Demons and Kill spells. And Lich summons, although a hefty 20MP apiece, are well worth it, especially when mitigated by Energy Potions.

Where were you finding Fire Orb Necklaces, Shields of Khar, Shielding Crystals, and Lifesaver Amulets in Chapter 3? I'm quite interested to know - I sure didn't see any in Mancuso. : )
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #4
Of course, capturing Garzahd is fun.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #5
Is that really possible?
Let´s play some kill Rentar with 5 Garzahds on your side! :D :D :D

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #6
Yes, I was able to make it work...very difficult, however.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #7
Personally, I'd rather go against Garzahd with 5 Rentars, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

quote:
Where were you finding Fire Orb Necklaces, Shields of Khar, Shielding Crystals, and Lifesaver Amulets in Chapter 3? I'm quite interested to know - I sure didn't see any in Mancuso. : )
You buy them before you leave Chapter One at Waldby's. I had Mithril Chainmail and Magic Waveblades for everyone before I went to the Vahnatai Lands.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #8
In E2 Rentar is pretty much a standard Vahnatai Lord.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6522
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

quote:
You buy them before you leave Chapter One at Waldby's. I had Mithril Chainmail and Magic Waveblades for everyone before I went to the Vahnatai Lands.

I see. I thought that picking up a Medium Energy Potion off of him early on was quite nifty; I see that the random shops are even better than that. Must've been expensive like all get-out.

Are there any other random shops besides the Waldby's and the one in the Tower?
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Personally, I'd rather go against Garzahd with 5 Rentars, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Rentar is in E3 first a special "monster". It´s impossible to copy her in your crystal, I tried it about 100 times! :(

[ Monday, December 05, 2005 05:43: Message edited by: Slith Lord ]

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!