E3: Easy money (no editer)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: E3: Easy money (no editer)
Apprentice
Member # 6247
Profile #0
Found a neat way to max out cash in 10 minutes without any help from the editer.

Requires:
At least 5 alchemy skill
Strong Curing potion recipe
Anama rings (fake ones work too)
Be in Lorelei

Head to the Anama building in the south-western part of the city. Buy glowing nettle (at 15 gold each. comes in stacks of 3 for 45 gold)
Strong curing potions need 1 glowing nettle, so cost 15 gold to make, and sell for 350 gold. Selling them is a short walk away, at the random item shop in the big building near the middle of town.

Anyone else got quick money making tips? I'm doing a semi-editerless run (I've used it to give myself 2 piercing crystals and exactly 2 gold pieces. Should be all.) so getting mass cash at a fast rate is nice.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #1
I haven't tried this out extensively (especially since I'm not very far on E3 as opposed to A3 -_-;;; ), but I heard that once you sell something to Levy on at least one of those games (I forget which, but it's worth a try), he'll sell it back to you an unlimited number of times. Since he's such a tightwad, you probably lose more money than you would make selling them, but having an unlimited supply of certain things might be nice. With your strategy, it would work even better because you could make back the money from buying stuff from Levy fast.

[ Friday, September 02, 2005 14:46: Message edited by: The Dark Lord of the Slith ]

--------------------
A C, an E-flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin walks up to them and says, "Hey! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says, "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
I believe that only works in Avernum 3. And is a cheating exploitation of a bug anyway. At least with the potions you're giving 'high value added'.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #3
Seems like it would work to me. Though I don't know why a Strong Curing Potion would be worth, well, 700 gold if you're selling it for 350.

--------------------
-ben4808
Apprentice
Member # 6247
Profile #4
Ok, so now I'm making 3 potions at a time instead of two. I'm not sure if that's because of higher alchemy level or character level, but now it's 525 gold in exchange for 15 gold. Very nice profit. :)
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

I believe that only works in Avernum 3. And is a cheating exploitation of a bug anyway.
I always thought it was just that Levy was so incredibly smart that he could duplicate things! :D ... Just kidding.

--------------------
A C, an E-flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin walks up to them and says, "Hey! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says, "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."