Sixus in Exile II

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Sixus in Exile II
Apprentice
Member # 6200
Profile #0
In the Trapped Halls, I only find ONE statue next to some lava. I can't give it food so that I can proceed further to find Sixus.
Any help?
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #1
Have you tried talking to it?

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Apprentice
Member # 6200
Profile #2
This one statue won't let me talk to it.
It does not appear to be "living". I have
tried - even "firewalked" to see if in a
different position it would talk.
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #3
Have you searched for secret doors? Haven't played E2 in a long time, so I can't remember exactly where you are...

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #4
Here is Shrodinger's walkthrough for Sixus quest in A2: http://www.geocities.com/zeviz1/ch4.html#sixus The games are slightly different, but I think this part is mostly same. There is supposed to be some secret passage, and statues eating food happens automatically when you walk past them.

[ Thursday, August 11, 2005 09:10: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Apprentice
Member # 6200
Profile #5
I will try the site you suggested. I have BANGED into all the walls in all the rooms looking for secret passages - even "firewalked" on the lava.
Thanks. I'll keep looking.
Chalire
Apprentice
Member # 6200
Profile #6
THANKS all. I've found the statues who take my food [can't figure how to drop it before getting to them]. Someone in party always dies before I get to Sixus who 'vanishes' after talking to me.
I will continue to venture on.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #7
You can't drop food in Exile. That advice was given for Avernum, where food is an item you carry. I guess you could sell your food (if I remember correctly, a village somwhere buys food from you, but that might be E3), or just don't worry about it and buy more later.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6200
Profile #8
Mission Sucessful! I went back to Mayor Bevan and typed "mission" [ I had been typing "quest" by mistake] after Sixus had vanished.

Now to build up my characters enough to defeat Limoncelli! Don't understand why a mage can be "too encumbered" one moment and not the 'next' to cast spells!

Charlie
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Charlie Escoffery:

Don't understand why a mage can be "too encumbered" one moment and not the 'next' to cast spells!
If you've put a few points into Defence skill, it's sometimes possible to cast spells with an encumbrance of 2, but unless your Defence is extremely high you'll fail fairly often. It's better to just keep your encumbrance to 1 or less and not have to worry about it.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6200
Profile #10
Quote "It's better to just keep your encumbrance to 1 or less and not have to worry about it."

OK...but I need to get him enough armor protection as he is the favorite target (eventhough far back in the grouping) of the enemy archers/spells.
Thanks.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #11
Congratulations with mission completion.

About your mage, you can try casting spells like Sanctuary or Bless on him if archers are causing him trouble. If things get too bad, just end every round by covering the mage by Sanctuary spell.

I sometimes notice archers attacking the character they consider "most dangerous". So if your mage casts firestorm and your priest casts sanctuary on him, archers will be very likely to waste their shots on hidden mage.

[ Saturday, August 13, 2005 16:02: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Charlie Escoffery:

OK...but I need to get him enough armor protection as he is the favorite target (eventhough far back in the grouping) of the enemy archers/spells.
There are several magic items which increase your mage's armor without encumbering (ivory charm, ring of protection, mithrail chain mail, runed shield, runed helm) - try shopping in Waldby's bazaar, Brantford's shop and Shaynee's bazaar. I never let my mage get encumbered - action points are more valuable than armor levels.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
Personally, I don't think it's necessary to let ANY character get encumbered severely enough to start losing action points. I keep my fighters at 2 encumbrance and my mages at 1 encumbrance at all times. If you bless your party enough times, physical attacks should almost never hit them anyway.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6200
Profile #14
I appreciate the info on spells and ivory charm, etc. - thanks for the help.

Just explored the lava dome - still not strong enough for the final battle there.
Warrior
Member # 2954
Profile #15
You actually get a gift from Sixus. in that one room, there is a wizard and 2 mages (they are actually Sixus' friends). find Sixus without killing any of them and you'll recieve your reward.

--------------------
My party is but a singleton.
He has no friends.
Banished from the Empire on that basis.
His only friends he has are souls of:
- Ur-basilisk
- Vahnahtai Blademaster
- Vahnahtai Lord (Mage)
- Empire Dervish
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #16
Please don't revive dead topics. It's pointless.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #17
Well, his posts have been the only activity in the ET forum for 3 days.

So either the entire forum is pointless, or we should be grateful that someone else is joining in...

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Princess Ruth:

Please don't revive dead topics. It's pointless.
That should be extended to dead forums. :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.