Exile III - Those Darn Riddles...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Exile III - Those Darn Riddles...
Apprentice
Member # 5995
Profile #0
Ok, so far I've found two differant riddles in Exile III, I got the first one but this second one is definatly throwing a hitch in my get-along. The riddle I've come across is in a dryad's grove just outside of the Ursagi/goblin infested canyon in the southwestern area of the continent. You can reach it in the unregistered version but to enter it you need to have registered. Upon entering the grove you see a dryad, weeping by the entrance, an ogre has entered her grove and is destroying her gardens and killing her pets and she is enlisting you to forcably remove it. As you travel into the depths of her grove (only one party member at a time) you come upon a gremlin. He says he's there to help you but it would be ungremlin-like of him to simply help you so he has to ask you a riddle.

The riddle is: "I have a thousand little knives. My hands are red and white. You can give them to your maid. To make things turn out right. What am I?"

I have no clue... any hints, ideas, or just straight out answers would be very appreciated, since once you enter the grove you cannot leave, making me very much stuck in the game.
Warrior
Member # 3530
Profile #1
oh geez, I think I just went passed them and beat it anyhow, supposedly it was hard but I have a very strong group. This was a topic not too long ago, why don't you check that for answers.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
The answer is "Rose."

—Alorael, who will warn you that there are more riddles ahead. One is a pattern recognition puzzle even though it looks like something else entirely.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5995
Profile #3
ohhh thanks that makes sense now, I don't understand the "thousand tiny knives" part, I suppose it's refering to thorns but I'd say a rose would have no more than 10-20 thorns ^^ thanks again for the help, now I can finally move on.
Apprentice
Member # 5995
Profile #4
Oh, Pishaw, and as it turns out: I didn't need the riddle anyway, I had already gone ahead and killed everything, I thought I needed the answer to get past the poppy flower glade but really it was just because I was stepping on the flower patches... stupid two dimentional graphics. ^^
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #5
There is a riddle on the Isle of Bigail, in the Crypt, asked by a monster (can't remember the name of it) that is important if you want to get back out.

Its easym but I won't spoil the surprise by supplying the answer.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Apprentice
Member # 5995
Profile #6
Yea, that was the first of the two riddles I came across, I think I got that one on my own... but I don't remember. I think it was something like, "I have two knives, long and red, I want to stick them in your head"

Pretty simple but sometimes the easy ones can be tough if you're just not thinking on the right track.

Funny thing is it might be simpler to just kill the guy to get past him ^^ it's what I usually do anyway.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #7
What's interesting is that by saying 'fang', he doesn't attack you, but with 'teeth' he will.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #8
I've always said teeth. Experience = good.

That and that was the only working answer to the riddle I knew of. ;)

--------------------
-ben4808
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #9
I said 'fang' and then killed him. I said 'fang' because I wouldn't really call what he had teeth. Experience and brain power.

EDIT: Can any-one remember the name of that monster? Not his actual name, just what he was.

[ Friday, June 24, 2005 17:24: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
It was a ghast, wasn't it?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 5995
Profile #11
yea, he was a ghast, and he was a lot easier to just kill and go past than the actual keeper of the crypt who's behind a moldy wall and a secret passage behind the ghast... so the whole riddle thing is kinda stupid.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #12
1) *Quick*ghast.
2) The boss dude is not behind the quickghast. He is behind a wight or some such in a secret chamber off to the right of the quickghast chamber.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Apprentice
Member # 5995
Profile #13
Nah, you can avoid the wight and ruby skeleton when going to the boss by simply not moving right after breaking down the wall and then going through the secret wall to the left. However, the wight and ruby skeleton are guarding a bit of a treasure trove... And yes, it's directly behind the riddling quick ghast. You can get there by breaking the wall next to the button he's standing in front of.
Apprentice
Member # 5737
Profile #14
can i get to it in the unregister game??
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by Tutchbag:

Nah, you can avoid the wight and ruby skeleton when going to the boss by simply not moving right after breaking down the wall and then going through the secret wall to the left. However, the wight and ruby skeleton are guarding a bit of a treasure trove... And yes, it's directly behind the riddling quick ghast. You can get there by breaking the wall next to the button he's standing in front of.
Whoa. I never new that. Whoops.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Apprentice
Member # 5974
Profile #16
Yes, Buppy, you can get to that in the unregistered game. The Spiral Crypt is in the woods on the Isle of Bigail. (NOT the northern part with Northpoint Lighthouse, you can't go that far north in the unregistered version)

--------------------
Dragons rule!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #17
Yes, you can. I would, however, strongly urge you to have a fairly decent party. There are a lot of skeletons. Save it before you go in.

--------------------