E3: New bosses fun topic

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: E3: New bosses fun topic
Apprentice
Member # 5974
Profile #0
I am making this topic partially for fun and partially to revive the Exile trilogy board. I would like to know what you would imagine boss monsters to be like in dungeons where there aren't any (boss monsters such as Jordan, the alien slime, the mind crystal, Zkal, etc.) I imagine a Filth Factory boss to be the factory's main computer, in the form of a giant robotic roach. For the Pit of the Wyrm, I see a Mutant Giant chief riding an enormous wyrm. For the rakashi dungeon (the one with the black halberd quest, I forget its name), it would be an enormous illusion (but its attacks cause real pain!). And as for the Monastery of Madness, I envision the altar channeling (pun not intended) the essence of Monty Python's Flying Circus (summoning killer bunny rabbits, for example)

Gorank, whose internal dragonfire burns when he sees how many ripoffs of Alorael's sig there are (no, I'm not a hypocrite. I'm just using irony. Sorry, Alorael!)

[ Monday, June 20, 2005 07:46: Message edited by: Gorank ]

--------------------
Dragons rule!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #1
As Alorael will tell you, your failed signature theft is probably too incompetent to snipe you over. (Slipped into first person and didn't use any form of punctuation before your name.)

I would think a good boss for the Generic Dungeon would be a normal monster (eg. goblin) except larger, different-coloured, with four times more HP than it could ever realistically have, and a random description, like 'venomous' or 'malignant' stuck on the front.

Of course, said boss would have another advantage in that it could be used in Geneforge. Just replace all uses of the word 'goblin' with 'artila' and you're set!

[ Monday, June 20, 2005 08:23: Message edited by: if moniker == dall OR din ]

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Apprentice
Member # 5974
Profile #2
Is the Generic Dungeon an Exile 3 dungeon, or does it mean any dungeon?

P.S.: If my sig theft is bad, that's a good thing.

P.P.S: I imagine the Alien Beast boss to be an enormous, 16-legged monster called the Alpha Centauri Male.

--------------------
Dragons rule!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
The Generic Dungeon is the easter egg dungeon in E3/A3.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #4
As soon as you throw the Phoenix Egg in the Filth Factory and start the quickfire, there should be a huge cockroach that shoots nasty disease-causing spit at you as you make your mad dash for the exit. That would be quite a bit more interesting.

1500. Yay!

--------------------
-ben4808
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #5
It would be quite amusing if in the Generic Dungeon, hidden in a small corner of it, somewhere, was a little red button marked: Do Not Press Under Any Circumstances!, because you know that you're always going to push that button. Then you'd have to fight some really big and nasty creatures, lead by a waffle-monster, because that's very silly.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #6
I think all you people have being playing too many other games. 'Big Bosses' are not really Jeff's sort of thing, imho.

That said, I would have like to of fought an army of goblins, ogres, wolves and worgs at the centre of Wolfrider Warren.

[ Friday, June 24, 2005 17:26: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Printemps:

I would of like to of fought
You need to stop doing this immediately. Form the perfect tenses with the verb "have," not the preposition "of." That is, say, "I would have liked to have fought."

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #8
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally written by Printemps:
I would of like to of fought
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aye wuld lik uf tu fot mani monstres end bad boszes tu. Bring on dem gobilns, wulves end warges.

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #9
Fatman, please don't post completely unnecessarily!

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #10
I believe bosses should only be placed when they advance the plot. If Jeff wants to stick a Goblin King in a game, fine. But make sure that he's in posession of someone's ring, or that he knows the secret location of the Bad Guy's Lair.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Apprentice
Member # 5974
Profile #11
That can be arranged easily. For example, the Filth Factory Robo-Roach could be armored with the Withered Scales, and be guarding the central breeding pit, (I imagine it only being stunned, but you throw in the Phoenix Egg and it melts from the quickfire), the Monty Python Altar could say the Knowledge Brew recipe when it dies, the illusion could be using the Black Halberd as a weapon, etc.

--------------------
Dragons rule!