Wizard help

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Wizard help
Apprentice
Member # 5430
Profile #0
I flew up to some wizard guy SE of Tevrono and he told me to kill some drake in some mountains near Greendale. I looked and it isn't there.

Also I tried going through the Guild's tunnel to Blackcrag as well and that isn't working either.

Help.

--------------------
BOOM!!! And there I was...on the hospital floor dropped on my head. Damn drunk mothers giving birth...
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
The drake is southwest from Greendale. Fly across the river to the south so that you're on a spit of land between the two parts of the river and look around.

The tunnel is ugly unless you have bought permission to use it from the guild leader hiding in Kendra's shop in Lorelei. Whether you have to hack and slash your way through or not, remember to press the button in the desk so that the bridge becomes real. I also recall a secret passage to get around it, but I'm not positive.

—Alorael, who believes that the tunnel doesn't do you much good until you have defeated either the slimes or the roaches and either the troglos and giants or the golems. If you haven't, Blackcrag is pretty much useless.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5430
Profile #2
I got the permission and beat up the slimes, roaches and troglos/giants and pressed the button and the gate isn't opening.

--------------------
BOOM!!! And there I was...on the hospital floor dropped on my head. Damn drunk mothers giving birth...
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
From one of the walkthroughs linked to in the forum's header:

"You'll emerge at a room containing a Doomguard. You must attack it... but here's the catch: you have to kill one Doomguard to open the portcullis. Position all your PCs next to the gate, then kill one Doomguard. Ignore the ones that split off. Exit fight mode, then run straight for the portcullis and through the tunnel to the stairs. Take them, and you'll be in Blackcrag Fortress."

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5430
Profile #4
That's why I'm having so much trouble. There's no doomguards in the room. Is there a way to fix that.

I found the drake, and got now having trouble finding the tunnel to the north golen spire.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
There's an option in the character editor that says, "Open Guarded Tunnel Doomguard Gate." You may wish to use this. Back up your save file, of course.

For the golems, you need to enter the Tower of Shifting Floors. Have fun. :P

If you need help, there's a walkthough here. That dungeon is hard, from what I understand.

EDIT: Well, whatever. The link is in the forum's header, too.

[ Saturday, January 29, 2005 06:43: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Apprentice
Member # 5430
Profile #6
Thanks for all that. And that walkthrough didn't work on my computer.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
Bad Kelandon. Don't direct link to GameFAQs.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #8
All you guys are lucky...I only have the unregistered version - and I wiped out the Slimes AND the cockroaches without walkthroughs within 50 days... :cool:

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #9
Well register, it's hardly expensive.
And it really took you 50 days to do that?!?! I think most people do it in under 10.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #10
Yep Im working on registering...but a bad thing is the only way I can get it is if I transfer Australian money to American..but hey I'll be happy when I have it

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #11
It took you 50 days to beat up the slimes and roaches?? Man you are slow. By about day 7 I was wondering around wondering what the hell else is there to do??

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Apprentice
Member # 5430
Profile #12
Now I can't find the open guarded tunnel thing in the editor.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #13
It's at the very bottom of the menu, "Free Extras."

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 5430
Profile #14
Bottom of "Free Extras" is "Remove Bad Conditions"

I looked everywhere in the editor and still having no luck.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #15
Would it have something to do with the version?

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #16
Below "Remove Bad Conditions" is "Open Guarded Tunnel Doomguard Gate" for me. I've got v1.0.2, and I'm pretty sure it was there in v1.0.0.

—Alorael, who has no explanation for why your editor wouldn't have that option. Try downloading the latest version of E3 and hope it contains a functional editor?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #17
Well I'll have to coreect myself there. Day 50 was when I checked it next, but that was still about 20 real life hours of playing time that i checked. So it might of been 15-25.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5430
Profile #18
The computer that I have Exile on doesn't have the internet on it.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #19
Spring, if you use a credit card over the phone or net it automatically changes the money into the right amount. I used my mums card and just gave her cash for it when the bill came.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #20
yea but i dont have a credit card...

--------------------