move mountains

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: move mountains
Apprentice
Member # 4773
Profile #0
What other terrain, besides crumbling and moldy walls, can the spell move mountains break through, if any?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Judging by BoE, those are the only ones, because they are the only ones marked "Crumbling terrain" in the default terrains in the editor, as far as I can tell. In Avernum, you can get certain rock terrains and stalagmites, too, but I'm not sure about Exile.

EDIT: My information may be a bit inaccurate, seeing as how I haven't actually played much with the Exile engine. I just posted this in the interest of getting a quick response, and someone with more detailed knowledge can come later.

[ Wednesday, October 20, 2004 22:43: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Again judging by BoE, there could also be some ordinary walls that can crumble. I don't remember any in the Exile series, though.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 2626
Profile #3
You might try stalagmites that block your way.
On occasion, these are affected by the spell and may / may not be identified by green markings.
* I'd assume the green is an indicator of "mold" an as such make them "soft".
Posts: 257 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
I don't remember any green stalagmites that could be Move Mountained in Exile. As far as I know, only the walls can be destroyed. There might be some regular-looking walls that can destroyed, but unless you wander around casting Shatter, they're probably not all that useful.

—Alorael, who went through all of E3 without destroying anything less obvious than damaged walls.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 2626
Profile #5
You're probably right; I'm wrong.
The green stalagmites were probably in a BoE scenario.
:( Too much on the mind for the size of the mind. :(
Posts: 257 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #6
Actually, I distinctly remember, in the back way into the Nephilim Fort, west of Fort Ganrick (E2), there is a moldy stalagmite, which you can use move mountains on, behind it is a body with some equipment, if I remember correctly.

Never came across a moldy stalagmite in E3 though.
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #7
Yeah
FBM is right there-
And in BoE it was very possible.
I thought that I used it in the "remote cavern" in E3 though-

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
It's possible. I definitely remember walking through some stalagmites in the Murder Cave and the Remote Cavern, but I can't remember breaking them.

—Alorael, who will blame his lack of memory on skribbane. It occupies the majority of his attention while he plays E3.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5064
Profile #9
i don't think you could brake them in the murder cave just walk through them