3rd Guardpost, Hall of Many Pillars

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: 3rd Guardpost, Hall of Many Pillars
Apprentice
Member # 4948
Profile #0
Hey all, i'm currently playing through Exile 2 and have gotten stuck in the Third Guardpost, Hall of Many Pillars puzzle. I've figured out how to open the 2nd porticullis, and i've blasted the rock for acess to the secret passage, but for the life of me cant figure out how to open the 1st porticullis. I just keep getting teleported back to the beginning of the room. anyone else have a tough time with this place? Thanks -Court
BANNED
Member # 4946
Profile #1
Walk strait south to red door and enter
Walk in this pattern from door
s(1)e(5)n(2)e(2)n(1)s(2)e(6)s(6)w(3)s(2)w(2)s(2)
e(4)s(4)-exit

numerous enemies to fight and some teleportation in the middle

--------------------
Don't be like me!
Apprentice
Member # 4948
Profile #2
w00t! thanks, how far am I from getting crystal souls?
BANNED
Member # 4946
Profile #3
UMMM..... your on the wrong trail. This one leads to the empire teleporter.... Do you have the onyx scepter? No Crystal Souls here. Heh Heh

--------------------
Don't be like me!
Apprentice
Member # 4948
Profile #4
ahhh what am I doing with the enemy teleporter? and how do I get the oynx scepter?
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #5
Once you have the various rituals, passwords and the onyx scepter, that is where you go to destroy the Empire Mass Teleporter.

To get the onyx scepter you must go to the imprisoned Sulfras's lair and free her/him from the chains (can't remember exactly how) run out of the town from the quickfire, then go back and get it.

I think when you go back it's hidden in the north-west of the chamber, over some lava.
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #6
Here's a decent site for walkthroughs for E2. Walkthrough Exile 2 Most of the Important stuff If you really need help. Or you can continue to come here for help which is always nice.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Apprentice
Member # 4948
Profile #7
ah man, do I really need the oynx scepter b4 I go to the porter? I tried going to sulfras lair before by going up the path, but ****it said something about seeing large companies of soldiers and you turn back before they see you**** I was thinking of pyrogs cave, my bad

[ Thursday, September 09, 2004 06:20: Message edited by: Court ]
BANNED
Member # 4946
Profile #8
Go west of fort remote- Have a strong party or all 3 passes and go to the far north in this area. You can fight through all the gates. If you come to a place with two huge statues that spawn basalisks your in the right direction but the wrong place! Don't try to get by this way. Fort Remote is in the far South-west of the Great Cavern

--------------------
Don't be like me!
Apprentice
Member # 4948
Profile #9
I read through that walkthrough site and mby I didnt look hard enough, but I didnt notice anything said about rescuing the first 2 crystal souls! it said about the third, but i'm still lost as to where to find the first two, thanks
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #10
Don't take this the wrong way. I don't want to sound mean but I think you're asking too many questions. The fun of the game is figuring it out for yourself and walkthroughs should only be for finding a specific answer if you get stuck. Your first question was ok but the next one was way too broad. The Exile games are meant to give you many hours of gameplay but if you read an entire walkthrough first, then you're basically wasting your money and cheating yourself out of the fun it was intended for. My suggestion is take a break for a couple days, then come back to it and you'll be ready to do some more thinking and fighting. If you have a specific question we're still happy to help.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Apprentice
Member # 4948
Profile #11
hmmmm ok, i'll get over the noobism sooner or later, hopefully sooner