prefected items?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: prefected items?
Apprentice
Member # 7756
Profile #0
I'm sorry if this seems like a silly question, and maybe I just haven't gone far enough in the game, but how does one get a perfected anything for crafting? I'm about to tackle the anvil quest, and I can't recall ever coming across a perfected anything, and I'm slightly paranoid I've sold whatever I need to get one.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #1
An only somewhat spoilerish answer, since in principle you are supposed to find out rather later in the game how to perfect items:

Certain items of equipment which are already very good can be 'perfected' by applying certain rare substances to them, on an enchanted forge. Such 'perfected' items are actually only slightly improved, but they are then ready for further advanced forging operations, which produce powerful artifacts. Throughout the game you can find hints and notes that will allow you to piece together the necessary lore of how to make all these things.

If you want explicit answers, ask again, and maybe first edit the thread's topic to include '(spoilers)'. Otherwise, just hang on to equipment that looks especially good, but isn't yet actually enchanted, and hang on to any weird substances you find. There are only a few artifacts you can make, so you don't need to keep more than a couple of copies of any one item.

You can also sell (and sometimes buy) the necessary base items and perfecting substances, so you have to forgo some immediate profit to keep your materials. In addition to these ingredients, however, artifacts also require some special, rare items as ingredients. These items are always rather well hidden or guarded, and look cool, but cannot be sold. So you don't have to worry about accidentally selling the 'rare item' ingredients, but you should be sure to remember where you put them.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
UBB is a wise guy again.

[ Wednesday, December 13, 2006 13:16: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 7756
Profile #3
Cool cool-if I'm supposed to find out about it later, then I'll allow myself to find out on my own. :) I was just worried I had missed a chest or something, and I've seen references to it elsewhere, and I was slightly worried I had missed something for the umpteenth time. :P