Turabi Gate (spoiler)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Turabi Gate (spoiler)
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #0
So where on earth is this essence-infused skin? I have explored the whole zone with the latest version of the game, entering the zone fresh, albeit using a save file from a rather old beta. I see one promising-looking chest by the southwest summoning platform, but it is empty. It also only takes 4 living tools to open, with my 10 mech, in contrast to reports that it took 5 with a much higher skill.
The only other chests are easy to open and contain other stuff, no skin.

Is there some secret door I'm not finding? Am I for some reason now unable to acquire the item, just because the first time I entered the zone, way back in beta-whatever, it wasn't yet placed? Or does this item only appear randomly? Do I need higher luck? I can't find any scripts associated with it.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #1
It should be in the SW chest. I'm not sure why it's not there for you, but that's pretty crummy. The most likely reason probably has to do with entering the area in beta.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #2
SoT - It sounds like for some reason, using a beta save is hosing you, though I'm not sure how that would work. Jeff may have added the second skin found here later. It sounds like you have found the right chest with the 4 Mechanics, even if that has been bumped up to a higher difficulty subsequently.

Here is a picture of my PC opening that chest:

IMAGE(http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/synergy67/TurabiGates-WhatICameFor.jpg)

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #3
That's the one, and it does seem easier to open for me. The weird thing is that I'm playing version 1.0.1 now, downloaded just a couple of days ago. The save file I tried today had me killing Matala with the last beta version, but then coming all the way back south in 1.0.1. So there seems to be some odd kind of memory here.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

That's the one, and it does seem easier to open for me. The weird thing is that I'm playing version 1.0.1 now, downloaded just a couple of days ago. The save file I tried today had me killing Matala with the last beta version, but then coming all the way back south in 1.0.1. So there seems to be some odd kind of memory here.
It's only reasonable that items in containers and on the ground would be remembered in the save file -- after all, the game has to have a way of knowing what items you've already taken. Presumably since the item wasn't there when you first saved your game, it still isn't there now.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!