tinker gloves question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: tinker gloves question
Warrior
Member # 4084
Profile #0
how exactly does it work? there's a door that requires one living tool without the gloves and when i put it on, it's still asking for one living tool (i have 9 mechanics without the gloves and 11 with) do those two points just not make a difference and if not, how many?

[ Thursday, December 07, 2006 04:55: Message edited by: Vlady ]

--------------------
"Military justice is to justice what military music is to music" -G.M.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #1
The number of tools it takes to do something usually seems to change only in bigger steps of Mechanics skill than two. So the gloves may put you over the line to do it with one less tool, or may not, depending on how close to the line you were without the gloves. It's always worth a try.

Some tasks don't use varying numbers of tools; you just either do it, or don't (mines, mainly). Some give you a possibility to succeed safely, succeed with an explosion, or fail (power crystals). In all cases, tinker's gloves are worth bringing along and putting on just before you try whatever it is. In fact by the end of the game I'm usually carrying around a small wardrobe of special Mech-boosting gear in my backpack, which all together raises my Mech by about 5. I walk up to a door or something feeling like the old animated Hercules. "I will just put on my ring." And my gloves, and my cloak, and my shield, and my tunic.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
I think the number of tools needed is based on the proportional difference between object strength and mechanics skill. Trying to open a weak door with mechanics 1 vs mechanics 2 will often have a difference of multiple living tools.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4084
Profile #3
gotcha. will definitely keep those gloves then.especially if there's more mech. gear to go with it...

--------------------
"Military justice is to justice what military music is to music" -G.M.