Ornk canisters?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Ornk canisters?
Apprentice
Member # 5672
Profile #0
Using a cheat (or rather modifying a script to obtain an ability of creating ornks) I have managed to create an army of ornks (actually, what is the right word for that -- in English?). However, is there an official (legal) way to obtain an ornk canister? Some kind of easter egg or a hidden trick?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Not since GF1. I guess Jeff just never took the ornks back out.

—Alorael, who thinks he can see a new torment challenge. Anyone up for ornk-only shock trooper?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #2
I don't believe there is an Ornk canister in this game, but I could be mistaken.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #3
No-one has reported a Create Ornk canister in G4 yet. But they were in all three previous games, and the one in G3 was behind a secret door of the old Avernum style (bash into the wall). So one could certainly be stashed somewhere.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 3357
Profile Homepage #4
There is indeed an ornk canister.

Remember, even when oozebeasts look innocent, they deserve to die....
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #5
Excellent. Once you get the canister, the Ornk replaces the Fyora as your default creation type, the one you make if you click OK before selecting anything. So there can be a Spiced Ham challenge for G4, too.

Slay the Titan on Torment difficulty, using only ornks, rocks, and incredible tactical sophistication.

As in the G3 version, this is intended to mean that the only type of item you are allowed to carry is rocks. Optionally, this could include rock-like charms and/or the Gloves of the Rock. It is also ambiguous whether you are allowed to use offensive spells. But now that you have Spine Shield, your Ornks are dangerous weapons.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 7743
Profile #6
How could you make up a cheat? I never saw a cheat that did anything like that.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
As Eigenvalue said, you can modify the scripts for the game. It's not for the faint of heart or those entirely unfamiliar with C-like programming/scripting, but it can be done.

—Alorael, whose ornks are saber-toothed and carnivorous. He promptly became a vegetarian.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00