Anomalies

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Anomalies
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #0
Oh, lovely. I was just optimizing a game in Chapter One, not letting the caravan through the Cairn Gates until I collected all the loot I could so I could buy Spellcraft and Augmentation and Create Artila levels from Burkes before turning him in to General Crowley. Sequencing everything is kind of important if you want to buy all the spells and shaping magic appropriate, because a lot of people disappear one way or another by the time the chapter is over.

I also determined that you basically have just enough cash if you loot, open, and sell just about everything feasible in Chapter One. Just enough, means enough to buy all spells in Northforge, Create Fyora and Artila shaping, Spellcraft and Augmentation. You could probably buy one level of Create Thahd, but not both, and not Speed from what's her name in the Therile Colony (not yet.)

I was really annoyed to find that if you lead the caravan to the Cairn Gates, don't yet open the gates for them, and then leave the zone to do a little something like the Dumping Pits which I'd really rather never have to do twice in one game, the caravan is gone when you return. Like, nowhere. What happened to them? It means no points or rewards from either side. I'm hosed and have to redo about a half hour's work. Grrr.

There are other anomalies that can mess up your game if you're not careful. If you use exitzone to leave the Shaper Camp after your first time in before talking to Crowley, you will never see him. I'm sure there are many ways to mess up scripted sequences if you leave the zone mid-course.

-S-

[ Friday, December 01, 2006 18:12: Message edited by: Servile Synergy ]

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #1
Well, it makes sense that they can't wait around forever, though it does sound unplanned.

The other one though, there are warnings about exitzone all over the place.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #2
I did a little better on the cash replaying the last part of the chapter. Some will be due to how lucky you are with what gets dropped by whom. I could ultimately have just afforded everything in training that Burkes and Burkle have to sell. Who really wants Create Thahd though?

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt