Early Gear

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Early Gear
Apprentice
Member # 6177
Profile #0
The lone guard just southwest of Fort Monastery has a Steel Spear (10 - 30), which at the start of the game is absurd. And no one cares if you kill her.

Anyone know of any other examples of equipment that you can find early on that is far superior to what you normally find? (say a steel broadsword so my poor melee guy doesn't feel quite as wussy?)
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #1
That's not exactly the pukka Avernite way.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #2
i know who you are talking about
i died the instant i attacked
(hehe :o )

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #3
There are two steel spears to be had near Fort Monastery, and they can be yours without killing and friendlies just as soon as you can fight your way to them, which is from the very beginning.

One is in the pit in the nephil camp to the east of the fort, and the other is in a pit by the fisherman along the river, south of the fort. Fight a few nephils or a few more goblins and bats to get there.

EDIT: Oops, you're right..I was talking about iron spears. I wasn't even thinking an actual steel spear would be anywhere near Fort Monastery.

[ Monday, December 26, 2005 08:36: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Apprentice
Member # 6177
Profile #4
Actually, I believe you are refering to Iron Spears, correct me if I'm wrong though.

I don't believe you can obtain another steel spear until you are well into the eastern gallery.

Pukka? What does that mean?

[ Monday, December 26, 2005 08:21: Message edited by: Duality ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
From Merriam-Webster:
puk·ka
Pronunciation: 'p&-k&
Function: adjective
Etymology: Hindi pakkA cooked, ripe, solid, from Sanskrit pakva; akin to Greek pessein to cook -- more at COOK
: GENUINE, AUTHENTIC; also : FIRST-CLASS

Great word. Just to be even more exciting it also has lesser meanings, some of which are rather divorced from the positive stuff.

—Alorael, who opposes mass murder, or even specific murder, over spears.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00