Haggling

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Haggling
Apprentice
Member # 671
Profile Homepage #0
Wasn't there a skill in previous Avernum titles where you could haggle with shop keepers? If I recall correctly, it would allow you to get things for cheaper and sell things for more.

With cash being so tight in A4, I'm really wishing I had this skill.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Barter. Yes. It went away after A3.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6579
Profile #2
I'm starting to think that they have lost their flare for making games. The first 2 Avernums were master pieces, the third was ok, I never got into Blades of Avernum but I've noticed a steady dicline quality, in this one they removed to much, its lost the things that made Avernum such a good game.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Personally, I prefer the gameplay style of A4 (if not the plot). De gustibus non disputandum est.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
Complaints accompany any change. There are people who haven't forgiven Spiderweb for abandoning Exile for Avernum (or Nethergate), people who hate Geneforge, and now A4 gets its doomsayers too.

—Alorael, who will wait for the septuagenarian eskimos to do their voting with their wallets. That will determine the course of Spiderweb's future and little things like whether plots for games are efficient use of time.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00