Tower Ogre Quest

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Tower Ogre Quest
Apprentice
Member # 9261
Profile #0
I got the quest to take out the ogre's to the northwest of the Tower Colony and went over and killed all of them, but when I go back Kelner at the Tower doesnt respond to me finishing the quest and there is no dailog option for it.

There was the cheiftan (Uggluk?) and the Ogre mage you were supposed to kill. I cleared the whole place out. Is the mage somewhere else and maybe I missed him?

IS this a broken quest? Happen to anyone else?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
It's not a broken quest as far as I've ever heard or experienced. Are you absolutely sure you killed the right ogres, and are you absolutely sure that Kelner is the one who handles the quest?

—Alorael, who isn't sure what the ogre's name is. Ugluk the Uruk is an orc in LotR, though. But really, all those gutteral names sound the same.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
The mage is Hiroki, right? The ogre lair has two levels, one of which stretches pretty far to the east -- it sounds like you may have missed that level. The mage is on the opposite end from the chieftain.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 9261
Profile #3
Hmm, there is the ground level and then the lower level. I searched every tunnel I could find, and eventually ended up killing the mine guard. But...didnt find Hiroki anywhere. Oh well, I guess I will skip finishing this quest.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #4
I think Uggluk and Hiroki belongs to another quest..
I think he belongs to the guy that is west of the Tower Colony..Komlos is the name I think..

--------------------
Is the truth only what we can see?
Apprentice
Member # 5629
Profile #5
I found the mage, i think, in a dungeon reachable through the tunnel behind the tower colony and to the east. The tunnel stretches from behind the eastern wall of Thorious's Estate in East Mertis, paralel to the Southeastern Road, behind the Testing Grounds, to the soutnern gate of the Tower Colony (where the pylon is) and then stretches westwards and ends right next to the entrance to Komlos's Smithy. Anyway, there is another lair in this tunnel, along the Southeastern Road, the entrance being on the automap above the Testing Grounds at the end of a tunnel with a bloody body in front. There are also some ogres camped around there so you'll know when you've found it.

Hope this helpes. The most important thing to remember in the Avernum series is to scout every last tunnel, in my view at least. You never know what goodies or foes lie behind that next corner.

P.S. You should be prepared for quite a fight, especially of you're new to the region.