are there any hidden doors?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: are there any hidden doors?
Warrior
Member # 415
Profile Homepage #0
I just started playing and was wondering. I doesnt seem like there will be with this engine...

--------------------
Big up your self!
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #1
There are a few that you discover by being told of their existence or (maybe, I'm not sure about this) by having high enough luck. There's no point trying to headbang, though.
Sadly.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #2
Not in the same way the previous games have them. Occasionally, someone will tell you about a secret passage. When you walk near it, you'll get a pop-up telling you about it, and the walls will change so you can enter.

There's no 'headbanging' against walls in Avernum 4.

Just be thankful I'm not in a sadistic enough mood today to tell you that there is for the express purpose of wasting your time. ;)

EDIT: Curses! Beaten to it.

--------------------
I mean, if 10 years from now, when you are doing something quick and dirty, you suddenly visualize that I am looking over your shoulders and say to yourself: 'Dijkstra would not have liked this', well that would be enough immortality for me.
- Edsger Dijkstra

[ Friday, December 22, 2006 09:54: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Warrior
Member # 415
Profile Homepage #3
Thanks. It was annoying to have to "headbang" every where you went, but I'll miss it.

--------------------
Big up your self!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #4
I didnt bother with "headbanging", I prefered to save myself the headache and used Farsight

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #5
Yes, Nalyd misses that spell. . .

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
I, for one, insist on old-fashioned wall-bashing. Farsight is for people who don't respect walls. Or possibly people who play Dungeon Master and know that it's possible to commit suicide by hitting the wall repeatedly.

—Alorael, who does have to say that it would be nice if Avernum did something to mark known secret passages as Exile does.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Neo-Nouveau:

it would be nice if Avernum did something to mark known secret passages as Exile does.
Well, there is the automap.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00