Forging

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Forging
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #0
I know it's simpler this time around. Nonetheless, anyone have a list of the possible recipes, so I don't squander my ingredients?

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #1
Forging....foraging? We're talking herbs here?

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
I was thinking of the fine leather, focus crystals, and so on. Crafting! That's the word I was looking for.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #3
I think somebody was smoking those herbs... :P

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #4
Oh, gotcha..."ingredients" for forging, like Fine Steel.

I always save my game and test what the crafters actually make, since it doesn't tell you exactly ahead of time (there's an annoying factor Jeff could have left out).

I generally have a couple pair of Blessed Boots made in Formello (you get/find at least one pair soon after in the E. Gallery), and a Blessed Shield or two W of Silvar. The Runed Helms made by the guy north of the Castle are great for magicians, and you'll really want to save up for the fantastic stuff made by the nephil leather-maker in Bargha late in the game.

Kill all stray reptiles, since they sometimes drop leather. Steal the gold, iron, and steel (?) bars in the chest out of sight in the Draco Mines.

I basically had just enough leather and focusing crystals to make the leather goods I wanted (the helms, gauntlets, etc.). Leather is more the limiter of what I could make than anything else. Steel probably the least so. Either way, don't overspend those resources by making one of something for everyone. Generally, you will soon be finding or winning something to replace basic blessed boots and shields anyway.

Oh, and some of the really cool later leather goods require mandrake and/or graymold (typically mandrake) to make, so have some excess rare herbs for those too. In fact, I save nearly all my mandrake and graymold for Knowledge Brews and Bargha leather goods near the end of the game. Any other potions, including Invulnerability potions, you can buy or find throughout the game.

[ Wednesday, December 21, 2005 17:53: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #5
Hm... I remember some item-forgers asking for a length of cavewood to make a wand. Does anyone know what they meant by that? I mean, just a stick?

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
You're in a cave. Sticks are made of wood. Ergo, the sticks you find are made of cavewood.

In other words, yes.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6503
Profile #7
Once you get to Blosk, if you complete a quest for the weaponsmith there (quite simple, kill a few lab rats in the back of her store), she'll offer to forge some custom items for you. Each item requires 3 fine steel, 2 focusing crystals, and a few beautiful crystals, I think. She'll build you a Radiant Plate (which requires 2 gold bars in addition to the above ingredients), a Radiant Shield (2 emeralds in addition to above), Radiant Vambraces, or a Blessed Halberd. All are great items, and the Radiant Plate is one of the best armors in the game (in my opinion, a toss-up between it and the Emerald Chestguard).
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
You mean Dharmon, not Blosk. And I only got a Blessed Breastplate from the Dharmon weaponsmith, not a Radiant one. And she didn't require any beautiful crystals for any of her items.

[ Thursday, December 22, 2005 01:02: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!