Significant spell upgrade bug

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Significant spell upgrade bug
Apprentice
Member # 6584
Profile #0
If my characters, either priest or mage, learn a spell from a book on a pedestal and then go to a teaching mage the teaching mage makes them buy the first level of the spell over again. For example my priest learned heal from a pedestal book. he then went to a teaching priest. He was offered the option to learn heal, which he already knew, not improve level with heal. if he bought that first level he could then buy more advanced levels. Interestingly enough the priest is able to use hte heal spell and it shows up in his list of spells.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #1
That is not a bug.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
This thread explains it.

—Alorael, who can say in brief that you can now buy two levels of spells any time. It doesn't matter whether you find them first or not.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #3
It's a tiny bug, or at least confusing, in that it says, "Learn Heal" when you have already learned Heal from a spellbook. What "learn" means technically, is that it is the first time you will have trained in it from a mage or priest whether you have learned it elsewhere or not.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Apprentice
Member # 6503
Profile #4
The spell system is kinda like BoA now, where you're not limited to 3 levels in any specific spell. The only "bug" is just a overlooking of putting "Learn" instead of "improve".