Rentar's Keep Problem

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Rentar's Keep Problem
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #0
OK, I replayed the Rentar battle, this time maxing out the skills of my adventurers and shattering the crystal when given the opportunity. Now the battle continues, with several more opportunities to shatter/hide/hold up high the crystal. How is this possible after having shattered the crystal? This seems like a bug to force you to do one of the other tasks and in my mind is illogical.

Also, after several rounds of shattering, Rentar finally gives the option of talking/fighting to the death. Instead of choosing an option I chose to hit the check in the corner, closing the dialogue box (in effect choosing to kill Rentar quickly before escape is possible). Now the battle does continue ad infinitum.

I realize that both of the above scenarios are improbable events from the standpoint of the adventurers but it is still annoying just the same.

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Apprentice
Member # 7085
Profile #1
there are 3 shades, each leave a crystal after they die.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #2
You should report the bug to Jeff.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
To clarify: being asked to hold up the crystal 3 times isn't a bug (there are indeed 3 of them -- check your special items inventory before the fight), but being able to close the dialog box and have Rentar stay invulnerable definitely is.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #4
I should have said, you should get the message equal to the number of the shades you killed. If you get more, then there is a bug. If it matches, then there is not one.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #5
quote:
I should have said, you should get the message equal to the number of the shades you killed. If you get more, then there is a bug. If it matches, then there is not one.

This clarifies part of the problem - I killed three shades and I got three dialogue boxes. I need to now retest whether the battle does go on infinitum after the third dialogue box or whether I just got bored of how long it takes once you shatter the crystals.

It did seem to go on forever though, much longer than after the first two shatterings.

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
That's normal. The shatterings happen fairly quickly and early in the battle. Then you get to slog through many more rounds of bashing a rock on a pedestal before victory.

—Alorael, who wonders if vain Crystal Souls hire jewellers to make them look pretty. No, this isn't relevant.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #7
After the third crystal was shattered and I got Rentar to consider fleeing I hit the check box and played for 45 minutes of mind boringly constantly repeating destruction with four characters at level 30/31 stats and still didin't destroy that stupid crystal. Rentar was at one point the whole freaking time.

--------------------