Pylons

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Pylons
Warrior
Member # 3289
Profile Homepage #0
I'm trying to find my way into Rhento's keep (sorry about the spelling) and all I find are plyons upon pylons. Do they every stop? How the hell can I deal with them effectively? It's gotton so bad that I've had to keep a couple of times and I don't really want to do that throughout the game. Any suggesstions?

--------------------
My head is longer my own - I am furious. When will my torment end?... If anybody is frustrated or unhappy in this lycee, it is me! They will make me lose my head. - Jean-Francois Champolloin
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
1. Your range is slightly longer than the pylons' range. You can use this to kill pylons if you have patience, luck, and a lot of energy to burn.

2. You don't have to fight a single pylon or let them fight you. There is always a path that lets you avoid pylons entirely, although it's not always obvious. Try sticking close to walls and back up if you end up in combat mode.

—Alorael, who could give more specific path advice if he knew exactly how far you've gotten into the keep.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6866
Profile #2
I eventually got through by just running through as fast as I could (group haste is good), and resurrecting any dead members (luckily my priest didn't die). It isn't really a problem on the way out...
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by NickLemming:

I eventually got through by just running through as fast as I could (group haste is good), and resurrecting any dead members (luckily my priest didn't die). It isn't really a problem on the way out...
Quite true.

Funny story: On my first time through, I didn't realize that defeating Rentar deactivated the pylons. So I took the time to haste and sneak back out, slightly uneasy about the fact that nothing was attacking me. As another consequence, I never got the spellbooks in the remote tunnels...

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
You don't have to beat Rentar to deactivate the pylons; there's a machine in the upper level of the fort that you can turn off.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 3289
Profile Homepage #5
Thanks for the advice, it's really come in handy. I've just managed to defeat Rhenta (sp?) and am on the way back to the castle.

--------------------
My head is longer my own - I am furious. When will my torment end?... If anybody is frustrated or unhappy in this lycee, it is me! They will make me lose my head. - Jean-Francois Champolloin