Stuck (possible spoiler)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Stuck (possible spoiler)
Apprentice
Member # 6849
Profile #0
My apologies for the vague subject.

I have gotten into the Basalt Fortress (past Fort Remote), but cannot get past the locked doors into the northeast part of the lower level.

I also have not been able to enter the Spire Fort, or to enter the Abyss.

I've spent countless hours going back over every inch, and its starting to get tedious. I wonder what I missed.

Does the party of friendly Vahnati raiders play a role in getting past the locked doors? They stayed behind so I could disable the device that was bothering them, but then I never saw them again.

thanks in advance
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
Major spoilers here, but I think that's a bit of a given.

Well, if you disabled the device, I think you're supposed to go back and get the vahnatai.

And you only open those locked doors once you've gotten a key from defeating Rentar Ihrno. You did defeat her, right?

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #2
Is this the place with the really hard-to-find lever you have to pull? So many people have been unable to find that; I can't understand why it wasn't changed in beta.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by wz. arsenic...:

Is this the place with the really hard-to-find lever you have to pull? So many people have been unable to find that; I can't understand why it wasn't changed in beta.
Personally, I had no problem finding the lever during beta. Maybe it was just me.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1115
Profile Homepage #4
The mission basically looks like this:

Vahnatai stay behind because of irritating noise.
You go ahead and destroy the source of the noise.
Return to pick up the Vahnatai again; move forward.
Encounter a locked door; Vahnatai stay behind and tell you to find a way to unlock the door.
You go to the side, do some exploring, find a lever, and pull it to unlock the door.

It may be hard to see; as I recall that part of the fortress is "underground" and therefore dimmed. Look carefully.

--------------------
"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." -Porkypine
Derakon's Library
Apprentice
Member # 6849
Profile #5
Hey, thanks for the help! There was, indeed, a lever that I couldn't see. It was actually dumb luck that I found it this time... I just happened to click on that space... hehehe.

I wonder if one is more likely to miss the lever depending on their computer-- my powerbook screen tends to dim of its own accord without me noticing (something to do with my power save settings), making it even harder to see underground.

Now let's see what happens...
thanks again, folks!