Terella Venia where the heck?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Terella Venia where the heck?
Apprentice
Member # 3741
Profile Homepage #0
Can't seem to find Terella Venia ( the Priestess's special friend ;) ). The journal quest entry says in the Tunnels North and West, and the Priestess just says in the North.

Problem is the only tunnel north of Fort Dranlon (east gallery), leads to the Slith Lands across the river and she isn't overthere...

Anyone know exactly where she is?

--------------------
"...Bahl'al spurred his army onward with a blistering wind. Three full days before his army arrived... the citizens of Tyr knew their doom lumbered nearer with each passing hour..."
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
Go northwest of Grindstone and you should find a stairway by the river.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Oh, and if you can't figure out how she got to Grindstone from Fort Dranlon, it might be worth asking around a little more thoroughly in Fort Dranlon. There's a fun little secret area you might have missed...

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
I always assumed she used the Pylons, but of course I could have missed that part.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
Stareye, do you mean to say that you missed the place with the Emerald Chestguard? The only exit from it leads straight to the Grindstone area.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
Which is interesting, because the entrance isn't anywhere near there. If you think of the river as an impenetrable barrier, anyway.

—Alorael, who suspects that Terella was involved in some shifty activities. She supposedly fell and died, but her proximity to Nociduas makes corpse-dealing a very real possibility. Boo for Terella!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Stareye, do you mean to say that you missed the place with the Emerald Chestguard? The only exit from it leads straight to the Grindstone area.
No, I found it. Just assumed pylons to Fort Monastery and then south would be a lot less treacherous than the trek through Slith lands and Nicoduas' tunnel.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 3741
Profile Homepage #7
Hmm didn't think to look where I'd already been...

She must of been corspe dealing, otherwise the Undead in the tunnel would have got her methinks :eek:

--------------------
"...Bahl'al spurred his army onward with a blistering wind. Three full days before his army arrived... the citizens of Tyr knew their doom lumbered nearer with each passing hour..."
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by *i:

Just assumed pylons to Fort Monastery and then south would be a lot less treacherous than the trek through Slith lands and Nicoduas' tunnel.
You forget that Terella is unlikely to have been annointed by the Avernum crown to use such ultra-secret technology.

And if the possibility of ending up encased in granite doesn't fill you with dread then you are clearly in the wrong business. Not only that, but the magic involved in those pylons warps animals in ways that make the Threshold mutations look tame.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #9
quote:
You forget that Terella is unlikely to have been annointed by the Avernum crown to use such ultra-secret technology.
I do not forget a thing. She was working for Avernum and I would hardly call the teleporter ultra-secret as it seems there are plenty of agents from Avernum who use it. I just assumed being one of Avernum's agents with an important mission to watch the Giants, she would be allowed to use it.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5268
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by *i:

quote:
I do not forget a thing. She was working for Avernum and I would hardly call the teleporter ultra-secret as it seems there are plenty of agents from Avernum who use it. I just assumed being one of Avernum's agents with an important mission to watch the Giants, she would be allowed to use it.

OK.

Maybe I need to read the text more closely. I remembered her explorations being more a function of her religious order than Avernum government related (but that is probably just the conversation thread that leads to the information rather than the information itself). The two are obviously not mutually exclusive.

The one other example of an Avernum agent I can think of is whosiwhatsit in Mertis - and she most definitely walked because she had to sneak through Almaria. If she used the pylon it would have been easier to pylon to Fort Avernum (as all users must) and then walk or pylon to Mertis.

But, after all, it's only a game. And such details may not ultimately determine the fate of the free world, which the amount of text I am spending on it might otherwise indicate.