suggestions...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: suggestions...
Apprentice
Member # 6643
Profile #0
anyone have any tips on how to approach rentar-ihrno's fortress? i'm having trouble getting remotely close to it. thanks!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Is this the one west of Fort Remote with all the pylons, or the one in the northwest tunnels with... well, all the pylons?

If the former, stay as far away from them as possible when you can, and run past them while hasted when you can't. You can get past most areas without having to kill pylons or suffer attacks from them. (Come back and explore more thoroughly after you've turned off the pylons; there's some nice treasure scattered around.)

If the latter, haste everyone, cast Prismatic Shield or Arcane Shield and make a beeline straight through the field of pylons. If your party has high Nature Lore, look for a cache in the far northwest of the field of pylons -- there's an item there that's definitely worth getting. Don't bother trying to kill pylons or protect your Vahnatai allies; it's not worth it.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Or, if you prefer, kill the pylons one-by-one by standing just inside your archery/spell range but outside the pylons' effect rang. Use ranged attacks, of course. I think you need a fighter to get up close to be a sacrificial lamb, too, so that they don't instantly re-heal.

The set-up that I used was charge with one fighter, stand just barely out of the pylon's range with an archer and a mage (who did damage to the pylon) and heal the fighter with a priest.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
In the pylon fields west of Fort Remote it's possible to get through without destroying a single pylon, getting zapped by a single pylon, or using haste to dash past a single pylon. Patience and willingness to stay very close to walls most of the time will get you through.

—Alorael, who could get only one member zapped by a pylon heading into the second fort. Those pylons aren't as evil, though, or maybe your party is just much stronger at that point.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Or, if you prefer, kill the pylons one-by-one by standing just inside your archery/spell range but outside the pylons' effect rang. Use ranged attacks, of course. I think you need a fighter to get up close to be a sacrificial lamb, too, so that they don't instantly re-heal.
Depends how many archers and mages you have. It's possible to damage pylons faster than they regenerate, but it's frustratingly slow.

By the way, for those who don't know already, green (Jade Runed) pylons are vulnerable to magic, orange (Ruby Runed) pylons are vulnerable to cold, and blue (Opal Runed) pylons are vulnerable to fire. All three are also vulnerable to acid.

[ Wednesday, January 11, 2006 21:32: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!